MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm here for a visit and I am in awe of many things American...

So here's some of the things I like that are different to UK.

It's sunnier..They don't get long periods of overcast like we do in Blighty.

When it snows, it snows good and the skool kids get a day off .

They can drive in the snow and they know how to clear the roads properly and carry on with life. Was it last year when Heathrow shut down with a whole inch of it..?

The roads are wider. You can actually stop on a street without causing a ten mile tailback.

You can park at a supermarket with ease.

The coffee is the best in the world ...hey don't do this instant crxp that we put up with.

You can get proper fruit juice made out of proper fruit...and the fruit comes from down the road in Florida so it tastes gooder.

There is a much wider choice of products in general in the supermarkets..They are actually "super" ours are just plain " big shop with not much idea "

People in general are more courteous and respectful..Even the teenagers...even the bad ones will say "excuse me sir !"

The houses are warmer..They really are..Brick is not an inherently good insulator where wood is...

They have proper boilers that really work not the rubbish combi things that we put up with..

At risk of getting shot down..Americans know what a day's work is and they start early and work longer hours in general and ALOT of people run two jobs to stay afloat.

They have a better sense of community than anything I have seen in the UK ....and they like to enjoy life ...

Lets face it guys it's better cuz it ain't peeing down the whole time :bawling::bawling:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
It's nice to hear good comments about the US coming from an Englishman. Thank you, and I really mean that. After living there for three years, I heard a lot of anti-American drivel. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's nice to hear good comments about the US coming from an Englishman. Thank you, and I really mean that. After living there for three years, I heard a lot of anti-American drivel. Thanks. :)
I have spent time in New England and I know that I will come back here for the rest of my life...and I want to see more of this country...:naughty:

·
Super Moderator
25,573 Posts
My plan is to bring Joe with me to the next, if there is one, Bubba.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Oh and one more thing Carl..You can choose what kind of climate you live in as some shrewd folk do :smoking:
That is really the key to this country. Its massive and we have 50 states that vary dramatically in both climate and culture. Don't like where you live? All it takes is a rental truck, a few days and a place to stay. You just have to inform the govt after you move.

·
Premium Member
13,695 Posts
Joe, you spilled the beans last time we met. I know all you need to run your business is phone and a pencil. Why you continue to visit Mass. in winter is a mystery to me. Come visit in October. The entire east coast is vibrant at that time and you won't have to buy a hotel room from Duxbury to Dallas.

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There is a certain attachment to Massachusetts as well you know Carl lol..

It has to be said that at this time of year I do wonder why doesn't the entire population of New England just head south in the fall.

But for now there are compensations : )

and yes I should look at travel options for Bubba time :)

joe

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
25,573 Posts
Joe, if you can stand us, Cindy and I have you covered if you want to see the country from the cab of an American Pick-up Truck.....Dave and Melanie have endured that trip!

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Joe, if you can stand us, Cindy and I have you covered if you want to see the country from the cab of an American Pick-up Truck.....Dave and Melanie have endured that trip!
That would be so cool Chuck : )..I need to get organized this time so that's a great help : ))) and I'm sure it would be a great adventure too !

joe

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.