MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Today I purchased a weekly motorcycle magazine here in Spain and I got shocked of what I saw in the middle pages.

It was full page advertisement offering MV Agusta F4 1000R " 35th Aniversary" Limited edition at the price of 19.995€ :eek: :eek:
I kept looking at the picture shown on the add and it was exact the same as my brand new F4R purchased 2 and a halh months ago at the price of 23.400€

I have spoken to a frind of mine here in my city who also owns a F4R 1 month older then mine and he says that it is a promotion conducted by the Spanish MV Agusta importer for an amount of 35 units.

So my queston is how cam MV Agusta allow this to happen when customers like me have spent 23.400€ 3 months ago and now they sell it 3000€ cheaper???? What king of commercial policy are they promoving.

And not happy with this, they also released two weeks ago the same add but with the Brutale 910S at the price of 15.300€

I have both the B910S and the F4R. The B910S is 8 months old and the F4R is just 3 months old. In my opinion this people from MV Agusta or from Spanish importer are throwing stones to their own roof... because for sure next time I decided to change the motorcycle, I will consider other options and brands.

I like my F4R and the B910 pretty much but by doing this things, my loyalty to MV Agusta will come to and end if they keep playing and behaving like japanese brand (nothing against them) releasing offers every three month reducing prices everyday...

When I decided to purchase the F4R this was because of the brand, quality of parts, history and so on...I can understand that they want to make the brand more affordable to people, but lowering the prices releasing limited editions and aniversaries....then change the name from MV Agusta to a more japanese oriented name, and with more affordable prices.

I always understood italian bikes were more exclusives but I have realised that they just want sales, no matter what early buyers paid 3 months ago for a bike valued now 3000€ less. Or maybe is because then the bike was overvalued??

They released the new model F41000R 4 months ago and as they saw that they were not selling as pretended, all of a sudden, they invent a 35th aniversary 3000€ cheaper...Oh my god, who low we are falling my MV Agusta friends!!!!

Anyway, this is my opinion, nothing I can do to change this situation; but at least I can tell in this forum...and over all I feel myself fully cheated and dissapointed...my concept about MV Agusta will never be the same.

MV Agusta sales people :bandit: :bash:
:finger: :2up:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I suspect, though I'm not sure, this may be a tempered response to the Duc 1098.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Sorry to say this to you but no bike is an investment - no matter how exclusive it is. Just enjoy it. Its all down to supply and demand.At the time that you brought the MV there was more demand and supply hence the price you pay.

Now there is more supply than demand - hence the cheaper price.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Well, I think it may be a regional thing. We haven't heard of a 35th aniversary edition and the price on of the R just went up over the S - so it would not make sense to lower the price.

I think MV won't lower price to compete with Ducati because MV wants to be exclusive. The 1098 will become a very common bike.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Places will have sales. It shouldn't dramatically affect the long term value of your bike. Those sales will end and the bike will return to normal price. It happens. It's just the way it is. I purchased one of the first 910s, then the 910R was announced. I would have had to take a $4K hit to upgrade a bike with 750 miles on it.

Be happy with what you bought. Ride it and enjoy it while you can.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I would address your inquiry with the Importer and or directly with MV Agusta S.p.A. Yes motorcycles do depreciate however, that has nothing to do with manufacturer or dealer price reductions like this on current year models. This type of marketing will definately not help brand image.

·
Registered
409 Posts
the dealer i bought my 1000r from had 06's an a 05 on the floor . laws of supply an demand will take over when they have a surplus of inventory

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I know it sucks.....but like anything, we're SOL. It's like going into a store, and buying a TV, then finding out a month later they have a huge sale. There's nothing you can do about it.

There was a Brutale on sale 3 weeks after I bought mine in the Cycle Trader in Tampa. That's almost HALF the distance I woulda had to drive, and not had any issues with the registration because Florida registration process sucks with out of state sale.

Granted this is on a much larger scale, I still don't understand why people complain about it. The silver lining? You've been enjoying the bike for 3+ months. If we always waited to get an awesome deal on things, or hell, sometimes ANY deal, alot of the time, we'de never have what we have.

·
Registered
142 Posts
oicdn said:
I know it sucks.....but like anything, we're SOL. It's like going into a store, and buying a TV, then finding out a month later they have a huge sale. There's nothing you can do about it.

There was a Brutale on sale 3 weeks after I bought mine in the Cycle Trader in Tampa. That's almost HALF the distance I woulda had to drive, and not had any issues with the registration because Florida registration process sucks with out of state sale.

Granted this is on a much larger scale, I still don't understand why people complain about it. The silver lining? You've been enjoying the bike for 3+ months. If we always waited to get an awesome deal on things, or hell, sometimes ANY deal, alot of the time, we'de never have what we have.
Florida registration process sucks with out of state sale.

can you explain this, i'm from fl i and i will received my bike in one week from other state
Thank you

·
Registered
266 Posts
It's all marketing BS!!! Don't let it ruin your enthusiasm and passion for the world's best perfomance machine on two (sometimes one) wheels. I really couldn't care less what my bike is worth in terms of market value. I only make love to her and she to me for the sake of passion. The rest of the world can go to hell!

·
Registered
645 Posts
NEXTMV said:
Florida registration process sucks with out of state sale.

can you explain this, i'm from fl i and i will received my bike in one week from other state
Thank you
I got both of mine from out of state and had no problems registering them, what did they hassle you about nate?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
ZAR, first of all, the market changes all the time. First to purchase always pays the premium.

NEVER forget my rule: A MOTORCYCLE IS A TOY, NOT AN INVESTMENT. IF YOU DON'T HAVE MONEY FOR TOYS DON'T BUY THEM.

Second, you got the bikes early and began enjoying them sooner. The person who buys now when the weather is changing will not get as much enjoyment from his purchase.

I assume you'll own the bikes for a long time. The expenditure will pay off over time and the "extra" money you spent only amounts to a few Euros per week.

If you DON'T plan to own the bikes for a long time and intend to buy new bikes every year or two, you must have a lot more money than I do, so what are you worried about???

Also, tell your dealer you spent top dollar there and get him to take special care of you on service and parts.

Most of all, ride and enjoy.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
The only thing I know is that the Benelux importer doesn't do anything with the prices. Even the 1000-S is stille the price as before the R came.

·
Registered
473 Posts
You know what? Here it happened the same when the R version came.
The S prices fell down 2000Euros at least.
Who had just bought an S (imagine one week earlier ,p.e.) had just sent 2000 away.
So my advice is:
Buy it and please dont look into trade values, dont make simulations. You bought it for use not to trade. you are happy with the bike arent you? So protect yourself against those pieces of information who defnetly harm our peace.
As said previously take that and press your importer to give you something back in service for free but dont let it damage the feeling of using the bike.
The truth is that it would defnetly makes me crazy being in that position!

·
Registered
419 Posts
+1 on everything the other guys said. Stay way from that information, it will harm you. I just had the same thoughts for trading my S for the R model, but after carefull consideration I decided not to and being happy with it. Just drive the beast...

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
When I stated FLorida registration sucks, wellthere was a typo on my title. It took Florida 2 months to get my title because my dealer had to send all these notarized documents to the State, and Florida had to do all this paperwork.

It wasn't so much sucking, it was the fact that I was running tagless for a month. Well, I had a temp tag, but it was expired, and there was nothing I could do. Florida wouldn't even give me another temp. I hadf to wait till my plates came...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi
JamesC..I never heard anythink like that happens overhere...but you never know.
And this 35th Aniversary looks exact the same as the F4 1000 R, in fact it is the same bike.

Emmvee, I know market changes as demands requires to, but I never thought that would be so fast hihi!!!

I will just take the advise from someone in this Forum, "Stay away from those considerations and ride the beast"....

I am completely in love with my F4R and I will not care anymore of what the market value it is now because I purchased it to stay ..hihi :loser:

Tomorrow I will try to scan the adds and I will post them here.

Regards

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
So, that would be like Cagiva USA saying, "we want to boost sales for 2007 so we're going to introduce a 35th Aniversary R model and a $1500 price discount and a free jacket."

1 - 20 of 34 Posts