MV Agusta Forum banner

Am I the only one who is having issues with the TV800?

5K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Darwinrider 
#1 ·
Hi guys!
Don't get me wrong... I love my bike but it has been frustrating me lately. I've had the Clutch Switch issues resolved and the firmware update happen and I thought that was the end.

Then my tail light went loose and rattled the LED tube inside the housing to where MV sent me a replacement tail light.

Then, right after that got replaced, I got more errors on my dash stating "Front Speed" then after going 10mph I got another warning showing "Stop Engine ABS"
ABS no longer works, and there are two triangles, one behind the other.
My rear turn signal has been water condensed for about a month now after I got stuck in very light rain.

Also, under harder breaking, my whole front end shakes like my brake rotors are warped.
All this happen and I just reached exactly 5,000 miles today.

Anyone else having as many issues as I am or did I just but a very unlucky MV?

Thanks all!
-Boris

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Boris,
the issues with the Clutch Switch, I guess has everyone here. Me too and I'am waiting for the part now 2 month!! MV sent no parts out, because of his financial situation. The FW update is not really an issue. With the dash, it could be a cable connector witch is wet or faulty...
But maybe you just have an TV witch was produced on a Monday :loser: (it's the saying in Germany, when something is bad) But my Clutch SW make some strange thinks as well on the dash we he is playing up...

And thanks for the PM .. I've ordered one!! :mouthwate

#5 ·
My clutch switch issue happen before the whole financial thing so I was lucky that it was ordered and came in fairly quickly.
I took my MV to the shop today and they said (of course) that they will take really good care of me and give me a loaner bike to use while my MV is in the shop. I love GP Motorcycles here in San Diego. Would recommend them to anyone! :)

I was just wondering if anyone else had these issues.

PS, I hope you enjoy your bag. Message me again so I can show you how to mount it :)

#8 ·
Good idea!

I had a small issue with the front left turn indicator switch. the cable broke because it is maybe just an inch too short and gets stretched when I lock the steering to the right. Problem was solved in 20 minutes while I had a cup of coffee! :)
I'm glad that it was able to be resolved so quickly!

I just dropped off my MV at my dealer (GP Motorcycles) and they gave me a Ducati Hyper-Tard with 4 miles as a loaner :)

#9 ·
Ha nice one Boooooris, my dealer said all they could give me was a 125 scooter.....I got the train home, sod doing 250km on motorways on that. By the way, enjoy your videos man love that drone you've got, keep them coming.

#10 ·
Oh man!! Hahahaha! 125 scooter! That would have made an interesting ride home.
And thank you so much! I'm glad that you enjoy my vids :)

I may be getting my bike back today.
They found out that one of the wires going to the front speed sensor tore because the factory made the wire too short, so it put so much strain on the wire while turning full lock to the left.
They also replaced the clutch cover gasket so no more oil leaks!

(Video soon to come)

#11 ·
After one and half hours in continual heavy rain this afternoon my rear left indicator has stopped working. Ingress of water I fear, any suggestions as to how to help prevent a re-occurrence? Will see if it works once it's had a chance to dry out tomorrow. Will have a look at removing the lens and see if there's any sort of seal in there.

Aside from that the TV ran like a champ despite the deluge. Will need a good clean in the morning though.

Only one week and 400 miles into the MV ownership experience.

#12 ·
Ah, my rear right turn signal has had condensation in it for over a month now, because I rode it in normal rain. My dealer sent pictures to MV and they're waiting for an approval now.
I'm sure if you let your dealer know, they should help you out and probably order you a new indicator.

#13 ·
My right rear has had condensation in it for a while now, but not too bothered. Had the clutch switch replaced a while ago, no issues with that since. Had the quick shifter sensor replaced at 1,000 miles, seems to have failed again, waiting for the factory to advise what they think the cause is. Just noticed on the last two rides I have an oil leak, seems to be from the top of the clutch cover. Will have to contact my dealer after the weekend and make an appointment to see them, I'm on a biking holiday in France at the end of the month so want the bike sorted for that.

#15 ·
Another 80 odd miles today. Rear indicator still has issues and has now been joined by the front on the other side which has one of the 4 LEDs out. The demo bike I rode had 2 out on one of the hand-guards. Are these LED indicators a weak point, it's certainly starting to look like it :(

Will be asking dealer to sort these out at first service.

My alarm, the factory branded one fitted by the supplying dealer, has stopped working completely, might be me though. Have to read up the manual and decipher the not so perfect translation from Italian. A bewildering combination of ignition cycles to set the thing up. I might have to reset and start again.

This afternoon I was greeted by a prompt across the dash to enter the immobiliser code when turning on the ignition. Thankfully turning off and on again cleared it. Just as well as the code card was back home, hadn't scratched off the strip to read what it is, have now though.

Still loving the bike though and summer looks like it's just around the corner.

#16 ·
mine too

Then, right after that got replaced, I got more errors on my dash stating "Front Speed" then after going 10mph I got another warning showing "Stop Engine ABS"
ABS no longer works, and there are two triangles, one behind the other.

-Boris
Boooooris
Did you get the ABS sorted? I have exactly the same ABS error on my TVL from last weekend. Just came back from having new rear indicators fitted, after waiting 5 weeks, so I'm not keen to take it back in, but guess I will have to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.