MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my weekend was ruined nice and early. Long story short, my swingarm side passenger peg had a bolt back out, rocked down and dug a nice inch by inch and a half grove into my swingarm. Is this a warranty claim? it is a bolt that should have been torqued and perhaps thread locked from the factory, and does have the paint mark signifying it was check out...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah already called the dealer and he said he would have to see it so i sent him a pic via cell. Waiting to hear back.

Bike is only a few months old, and I dont have the best relationship with the dealer. When I was looking at this bike, I asked about the pearl/black as seen at the time on the MV site as a 1000r option. He said he had no idea, and no idea about the 312r but here we are a few months later and he has one sitting there...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well then it will become an insurance issue. I have never had a problem like this on any other bike I own, and I constantly take of the rear pegs on my 636.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Whether it's a warranty issue will depend on whether they can claim you've not followed the check and maintenance procedures set out in the owner's manual. If it's a reasonably new bike then I would argue it's a manufacturing fault. Ask their opinion and if you don't like it consult a lawyer. That swing arm is going to be expensive...

Si

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Matty said:
prob something they are going to say should have been checked pre ride. I doubt they will do anything

Reopropf said:
That does NOT seem to me to be a warrenty issue. Tightening bolts is regular maintenance on ANY bike.

Peter

gonna have to call BS on these. Since I am in between my 600 and 3800 mile service, and in the maintenance schedule "Screws and Nuts" / "Check/Tighten" .. Information on operations that MUST be performed ONLY by your authorized MV Agusta dealer.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
nefarious said:
gonna have to call BS on these. Since I am in between my 600 and 3800 mile service, and in the maintenance schedule "Screws and Nuts" / "Check/Tighten" .. Information on operations that MUST be performed ONLY by your authorized MV Agusta dealer.
I have to agree with you: The manual clearly states what is involved in a pre-ride check, and MV does not publish torque settings (despite the fact that we have them thanks to the web), for use by owners, only shops.
Good luck though, much will depend on how much your shop fights for you.

I actually just swapped my seats out today under warranty; The factory was skeptical at first, but after seeing the pics of the damage they sent new ones out (though from Italy, so it has been a couple months now).

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
From past experience it probably will come down to how pro active your importer is.
I had a similar problem on my first F4 750. The battery had a slight leak and leaked on the swingarm and made a couple of marks. The importer went to the factory and the response was we will replace the swingarm or you can have it painted at our cost. I whent for the paint and got a nice gold swingarm job out of it. Our Importer is very good.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Reopropf said:
That does NOT seem to me to be a warrenty issue. Tightening bolts is regular maintenance on ANY bike.

Peter
Please don't tell me you would have checked that bolt after only a few months (if you had the bolt). :)

Like surely you're not expected to take the bike apart to get to some bolts.....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
spacechumper said:
Please don't tell me you would have checked that bolt after only a few months (if you had the bolt). :)

Like surely you're not expected to take the bike apart to get to some bolts.....

I am with you on this. I do give my bike a good once over and if anything is obviously wrong or if paint marks where not lined up or pretty damned close I would have grabbed the proper tool and done something.

Well the dealer is closed until tomorrow so Ill just have to sit here disgusted and wait.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
whomever replaces it, it might be possible to swing an upgrade to a magnesium one...with a little extra dough from you. Check the prices, I bet its not that much difference....(at lease it wasnt when I checked frame plates a while ago)

·
Registered
341 Posts
I think you have a good case,there`s no way these bolts should be coming loose !!! I would be taking it up very strongly with my dealer if were you :bandit:

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
nefarious said:

so every time you go for a ride, you drop it by the dealer to check/ tighten all the bolts??

suck it up and get a carbon cover....then some blue lock-tite and go through your whole bike...or better yet.... swing by your dealer on your next ride.....they need to check air pressure, wash the windows, and check oil level also..... isn't that included when you buy the bike?? :jerkoff:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts