MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, folks!

Alvin is an MV-virgin no more! He rode is Agostini a few short momments ago. It was a short ride around Irvine, but it's official.

He's one of us now! haha

Alex

PS - for those of you who are not native English speakers - the term "popped his cherry" an expression for losing his virginity i.e. sex for the first time.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sadly, I'm at work and couldn't take some photos.

But Alvin had his own photographer - a tree!
No kidding. He put his video camera in a tree, and rode by a few times. Hahaha.

Alex

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
That's right. I put my camera mount on a branch of a tree and went by it a few times to get the 3rd person sound perspective!! Was amazing! My videos were recorded upsidedown and such. I'll deal with it tonight, heading out!

P.S. STICKER is ON!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Congrats Alvin and thanks for the pics....she is a real beauty. :smoking:

I look forward to your first ride impressions.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Ha ha It's long overdue, but I'm happy you got it. You already know that you'll love it. I'm happy for you. Can't wait to come your way and we can ride THEE AGO's together. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Congrats, Alvin. There is NOTHING that can compare to that first ride....but you'll find it gets even better than that with time. Got my MVA.net stickers today... thanks! They look great. Maybe we'll hook up for a So Cal ride soon ... would love to meet you on the new AGO.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Thanks everyone-

So Alex and some others told me a few things ahead of time to watch out for. Molasses stearing at low speeds, abrupt throttle, a rear brake just for looks, stiff throttle spring, and to HOLD ON TIGHT!

Here's what I thought after being on the MV for a bit:

Stearing at low speeds is OKAY. Not SO molasses, but definitely a bit heavier.

The throttle is pretty abrupt at first but once you start feathering the clutch and whatnot, its fine!

There is no rear brake.

The front brake takes a bit to kick in. Although it is nice in gradual, i DO see how it'd be great for braking into/during turns. It will take a bit of getting used to since I'm used to touching the front brake and feeling something pretty immediately.

So far i think the throttle stiffness is OKAY (in terms of the spring). I might have a different opinion after a longer ride.

Finally, WOW. This machine is AWESOME. The power is great, i lose all sense of speed since it is REALLY smoothe. I'm used to some vibrations after 8k on the r6, and that in first gear is not so fast. Shifting to 2nd on the MV going at 50mph is only because i feel like i SHOULD (coming from my old R6) but it does not feel at all necessary. It FLIES. I didn't yank on the throttle too hard but already I can feel the push. Speechless.

Oh, did i mention the sound it makes? Incredible. Catless midpipe and Rg3's, a combination that sounds AWESOME.

I could feel the heat coming from under me- not unexepcted, not uncomfortable, just more than i'm used to :)

Have some videos, will post them up!!

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Video screenshots:

Next time i should take the inner lining off the jacket.. quite hot in there in LA weather. I had that in for the norcal temperatures and no heated seats!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts