MV Agusta Forum banner
61 - 80 of 110 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
As I have already indicated, I can now offer the aluminum fans. However, I need the information as to whether there are interested parties, and how many. Then I can say something about the price, which will probably level off at around $50 for the set of 2, shipping from EU to US app. $18.
********i would like to purchase a set,what do i need to do to make that happen,thankyou

· Old Wing Nut
25,532 Posts
Hi @theshagger2012 .... I see you joined us last October and just now made your first post. Do please introduce yourself to the family with a post in the New Member section. Tell us where you live and what bike(s) you own.
Thanks

· Registered
Tamburini, Corsacorta, Senna 750, 1000 S, 1000 R, F4 1078
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
The fans cost 44,- EURO,
shipping to the US with DHL,
including insurance and tracking number
19,98 EURO,
so in total
63,98 EURO.

I have prepared a small manual for installing,
not very difficult, if your hands are not too big,
installation is possible even without removing the radiators.

Availability is a problem,
I am waiting for parts, to be able to continue building the fans.
If you are interested,
I put you onto my list
and keep you informed about it.

· Registered
155 Posts
Just wanted add my experience to this thread. I ordered the aluminum blades from Manfred (6/21) and received them in 8 days. I installed them last night and it took about 2 hours. The bottom blades are easy to replace but the uppers required unbolting the radiator from its mount. Putting everything back together required quite a bit of patience and occasional cuss words! :ROFLMAO:

From what I can tell, it appears Manfred put a lot of time and effort in this project because the blades were a perfect fit. It also seemed like the blade's design moves higher volume of air. My OEM blades were not too bad (the upper ones were a bit melted), but I am 100% positive that the new blades will help with the heating issues.

Oh, they are also lighter than OEM plastic blades... and I think I may have gained some horsepower. 😜

Thank you and appreciate all the work you did on this, @Manfred!!

· Registered
20 Posts
Hi Manfred
I’m interested in your aluminum fan blade. I have a 06’ 910s.

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Hi Kevin,
I think you would only need 1 fan,
not the set of 2.
You would need the one with the bigger outside diameter.
Unfortunately I am still waiting for parts to be able to continue building the fans. I can put you onto my list, and soon as I receive the necessary parts, i will be able to ship.
Thanks for your request,
best regards

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
...good news:
I got the info,
that the missing parts which are needed to complete the fan sets
will soon be available (3-4 weeks).
Bad news: as almost everything, also these parts became more expensive,
but I do not expect a massive price increase, and I will let you know...

I will shortly PM all those which are on my list, for the details.

Thanks all for your patience

· Registered
20 Posts
As I have already indicated, I can now offer the aluminum fans. However, I need the information as to whether there are interested parties, and how many. Then I can say something about the price, which will probably level off at around $50 for the set of 2, shipping from EU to US app. $18.
I am interested in a set of fans. Let me know how I can get an order placed.
thank you.

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Hi, You will not need a set,
but only the bigger one.
I will put you on my list,
hope to be able to continue building the fans,
and will inform you with a PM ✌

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I finally have the opportunity to prepare the fans again, sorry for the long wait.
I have already sent a PM or email to anyone who is interested.
I assume I haven't forgotten anyone,
otherwise this information for you.

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
No, not too late, I will send you a PM.
Just make sure you do not have one of the rare 1999 F4s with just cooler, before MV changed to to the 2-radiator system

· Registered
60 Posts
Manfred's aluminum fans arrived yesterday in one weeks time from Germany to Colorado, USA via DHL/USPS. They are high quality, fit perfectly, absolutely no issues and damn good looking. Installing the fans is either an individual matter or one that you have someone else do for you. In my case, i took the radiators off their mounts with relative ease, then removed both fan assemblies, removed the factory plastic fans and easily installed Manfred's fans. The project, like some other procedures requires time and patience but can be done with by far less work than it took to put men on the moon in 1969 or build the pyramids.

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
...can be done with by far less work than it took to put men on the moon in 1969 or build the pyramids.
...and, building a pyramid, or flying to the moon is not really such a big challenge...;)
Just kidding

Thanks a lot for this feedback, Steve.
I am ready to continue building the fans
(after my one-week holiday next week :p)

· Registered
4 Posts
...and, building a pyramid, or flying to the moon is not really such a big challenge...;)
Just kidding

Thanks a lot for this feedback, Steve.
I am ready to continue building the fans
(after my one-week holiday next week :p)
In installed Manfred’s fans today on my F4 312R. Easiest way to do so is by removing the radiator group (and fairing) which takes about 2 hours in total (I meantime have built some experience doing so over the past couple of years 😉). I just did it this way to avoid any damage to the radiators themselves as there is very little space to work when trying to remove the fans with radiators on the bike.
Fitting of these fans is excellent (and very easy to replace) ! After short test run it shows that these fans really do have their added value on the first generation F4 models. Temperature drops quicker after fans start running, I can only advise others to get a set as well.

61 - 80 of 110 Posts