MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
19,791 Posts
Oh my...:mouthwate

....I'll wager there is some interest...of course, it may all evaporate with reveal of pricing!! :baddeal:

·
Registered
614 Posts
What's the theory? Less chance of splitting in a crash or more fuel capacity?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Administrator
19,791 Posts
Weight????

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
What's the theory? Less chance of splitting in a crash or more fuel capacity?

What ? Not telling people to Piss Off and calling them Pin Heads today ?

It's for racing I suspect. Some classes/clubs, won't allow plastic tanks and it sure is lighter than steel.:naughty:

·
Registered
614 Posts
I've not heard that before donsy. Didn't a couple of the R6 models have a plastic tank?

Anyhoo id consider an alloy tank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do the F3's come with a plastic tank?

It's a huge problem in the Ducati community. I've had two tanks warp on me due to ethanol fuel--one on my Monster and the other on my Streetfighter.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Do the F3's come with a plastic tank?

It's a huge problem in the Ducati community. I've had two tanks warp on me due to ethanol fuel--one on my Monster and the other on my Streetfighter.
ducati (aside from the sp and the new panigale), aprilia rsV4, 2010+ F4, I think the F3?, KTM Rc8 all have the crappy acerbis "warp if you fill me with ethanol" gas tanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would love to replace the plastic tank but I like the shape of the original tank very much, unless it looks similar, otherwise i will stick with the stock.

·
Registered
14,481 Posts
alloy tank?

you need a place like California Metal Shaping.....

http://www.coachbuilt.com/bui/c/california_metal/california_metal.htm

they had a bunch of my Dad's tools for years.......he never would teach me tanks.....he showed me the trick for wing root filets, but THAT was it....
son, YOU, figure it out yourself.......

he was the wizard of the Carter Crowner, his stuff is hanging in the Air and Space Museum at the Smithsonian.....in the form of the Northrop Alpha......I have its ID tag and the request from TWA for it, framed hanging on the wall

Gee, thanks Dad

1 - 17 of 17 Posts