MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I may need a new Alternator for my 06 Brutale 910R.
Can anyone give me a rough idea on how much it will cost?

·
Registered
313 Posts
After all the other gremlins you had i thought you were sorted. What's going on now Mate :wtf:
At a guess 'Magneti Marelli' it's the Italian equivalent of 'Lucas' the prince of darkness.:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

On a more positive note,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MV-AUGUSTA-F4-750-ALTERNATOR-/260861523909?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3cbc8ef7c5
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MV-Augusta-Denso-Alternator-101211-1701-Brand-New-/280534156534?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item41512384f6

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well . . . . . . . . . .
Originally I thought my battery was gone so I got a new Shoria lithium one.
Then (after unsuccessfully trying to install LED indicators) my bike just died while ridding.
I thought I had done something to the electrics/fuses so I took it to Flywheels.
They weren't very helpful and claimed it was the starter motor.
So . . I rescue my baby & take her home.
After re-charging my old battery I fitted it back in and she starts straight away (obviously not the starter)!
But my joy is short lived. I put the multimeter on as the bike is running and the volts just drop.
After doing my research & thanks to the helpful people like yourself on this forum I decide to take her to Trooper Lu's (I hear ONLY good things).
After much anxious waiting I get a call today and they think it's the alternator. They're having an auto-electrician look at it over the next few days and will get back to me re. diagnosis & price.
I just want a ball-park at what kind of $ I'm going to have part with.

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
?

Big-Nig;
check the 40 amp fuse next to the starter solenoid.....
check alternator output, page E-19 of the service manual, 12.6V-14.3V @ 2,000
check system for losses, page E-18 in mA

bet the 40 amp fuse is blown :stickpoke

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Depends where you get if from. $1200 in the United States, 690 Euro elsewhere. I bet trooper Lou can find one for you cheaper.

·
Site Sponsor
446 Posts
We actually have a place that can test and repair them and they are awesome and really price concious. I am going through the motions at the moment - fingers crossed. There is squat coming from the alternator at present so there is a drama in the little beastie. We will sort it.

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
Justin;
the folks at Rick's Motorcycle Electrics said if you have an Ohm reading of at least 4.5 across the slip rings they can fix it.....

guess they don't rewind armatures:stickpoke

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
Prince of darkness?

At a guess 'Magneti Marelli' it's the Italian equivalent of 'Lucas' the prince of darkness.:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
nope, its a Nippon Denso alternator.......and the cracking radiators are Toyo ones :naughty:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts