MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find anything at the moment and I'm on the road, one of our forum members are looking for one.
Is there a difference between the 750's and the later 1000's or 910's sensors ?

·
Administrator
19,804 Posts
The older bikes used 2 sensors, one for fan and one for ECU. One in the rad and one in the head.
The later bikes have 1 sensor with 4 wires, 2 sensors in one, mounted only in the head.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ed, we need a alternative to MV part because its that time of the year and we can't get one at the moment, surely another brand of bike ot car uses the same sensor ?
So I'll take one of my 1000cc sensors to town to hunt a replacement tomorrow, 2-wire job.

·
Administrator
19,804 Posts
Has to be a common part, just different connector. Out of a catalog supplier part. They weren't specially built for MV

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just reading this as my 1078RR (2009) is playing up. The dash temp gauge is moving between nothing to 130 to 140 deg (not overheating at all) so the sender is my first suspect. However my sender unit has 4 wires straight out of the sender with a small loom disappearing up into the engine somewhere presumably with a plug on it . Does anyone know what my sender might be. The local dealer sent me the parts page which shows the 2 wire sender pictured above but that is not what I have. It would be nice to pick one up cheaper than the price he is quoting.
Any ideas anyone?
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
22,310 Posts
I'm going to use this as an example of why we need a sticky with parts equivalents in the Maintenance section.

·
Administrator
19,804 Posts
I'll second that....but an alternate for the 4 wire sensor hasn't been found.....or has it?

·
Registered
14,489 Posts
Not sure if thats addressed to me or not but yes I found the info on the 2 wire unit but like I said I am after the 4 wire unit
How about someone posting the brand and part number of the 4 wire temperature sensor?

My Ouija board can't see it

>:)>:)

·
Administrator
19,804 Posts
Beat you to it.....look in my Tool Sticky

:grin2::grin2:
Noel....I'm a bit of a dullard today. Why can't I find your sticky. Must be looking in all the wrong places.

Speaking of which...I have a spare 4 wire sensor hiding in my disaster basement and a replaced one that began reading high on the meter side. But I can't find them either. I will try and decipher any markings on them when I do.

Euroswitch is an Italian company that, in their website, shows what appears to be the right type sensor, but provides no details whatsoever, as they are industry supply only.

·
Administrator
19,804 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have emailed the agents for Euroswitch to see if I can buy from them. Still waiting to hear back. I have looked through the Tridon and Fuel Miser catalogs but cannot find an equivalent. here in NZ. Number on the switch is 5891 2302 19/09
I have attached a picture of my four wire switch and a picture from the Euroswitch catalog for the 589 series switch from PVL. I will let you know when I hear back from them.
Anyone got a good used one?

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,804 Posts
That's the same Euroswitch info I found.....interested to hear their response.

There MUST be some cars out there with this same sensor (connector maybe different).

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have news!! But its all bad. I heard back from PVL in the UK who are agents for Euroswitch and they tell me the factory cannot help. Very sad so I am back to buying genuine but trying to find a better price than the local dealer.
I have been through all the local car supply books for aftermarket sensors and only found a couple that even had 4 wire sensors and they were not going to fat at all. It may be different overseas but no luck here in NZ.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts