MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have been in contact with a manufacturer of an advanced version powercommander type unit.This is a whole new system that works in the same way as a PCIII.It is plug and play as the PCIII but will actually work on our Lamda sensor Euro3 spec bikes which the PCIII will not.Unlike the PCIII this unit is able to alter the ignition settings as well as the fuelling so a race ecu is no longer required .It can be used with a standard unmodified bike right through to a catalyst removed race pipe setup.Custom maps are made on the dyno in the same way as a PCIII.
Units are due in Nov,but (and there is always a but) ,there is no planned MV Agusta fitment at the moment as he thought demand would not warrant it.I think he is mistaken.Please post on this thread if you might have any interest in this unit.If we can get enough support I think we could have a unit in the near future.Not asking for a cast iron guarantee just an indication of interest.Obviously this unit will also fit all the earlier non lambda sensor bikes as well, allowing removal of the ignition retard without having to buy the race ecu ,and custom fuelling.I have absolutely no involvement wth this manufacturer.This is not an advert.
Over to you Guys and Gals.

·
Administrator
20,064 Posts
Sounds promising...

I have another alternative which I was going to try before a used Race ECU became available. I have 2 versions of an o2 sensor "simulator" in hand. Unlike the DynoJet o2 "eliminator" these powered circuits generate a sine wave signal at set lambda voltage that (I believe) would allow a Power Commander to be fitted and modify fueling without the ECU countering the changes, as it will always see the desired signal. The reason that DynoJets eliminator won't work is that it is just a resistor providing a constant flat line voltage signal. The Marelli-Weber ECU is looking for a variation in signal to indicate the o2 sensor is functioning properly and will go to a fail safe mode if it senses a malfunction. In a normally operating system the o2 sensor signal is constantly fluctuating up and down, so the "simulators" that I have make the ECU think all is good and it doesn't go to fail safe.

I am planning to propose to my dealer's lead tech that he test it on a willing owner's Euro3 bike in my area. That is, if he has a PC III readily available (should have) and is willing to invest a little dyno tuning time to map it.

I have 2 simulators on hand. One is a fixed signal (voltage and frequency) and the other is adjustable for both voltage and frequency, should the MV ECU be looking for something different from the standard automotive characteristics.

Anyone interested? I'll sell them at $45 each mailed in the US (what I paid for them) if you want to test my theory yourself.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi dochoc,

I started a thread on the Interceptor in the Performance section last month, and X81 seems to know a bit about it, so hopefully we'll get an update. Since then I was in contact with my nearest Dynapro dealer who told me they are some 8-9 months overdue in production, and as said above, it may be some time before they filter down to MV, based on production numbers etc., but i am definitely still interested, so hopefully we'll know more soon. :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
...we tried to contact Dynapro to know more about a potential MV-compatible solution.
We didn't get any answer so far :-(

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
...we tried to contact Dynapro to know more about a potential MV-compatible solution.
We didn't get any answer so far :-(
Apart from my initial Phone call to them when they said the Interceptors would be rolling out in Nov.I too have heard nothing.The guy asked me to put all the details in an email,which I did,and I have heard nothing since.Oh well ,was too good to be true I suppose.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts