MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about had enough of the stock pegs, hell they are so slippery! Love the adjustment and design, so no probs there, but boots just don't stick! Yes I have heard of 'roughing' up the end tips, but its a bit amaturist and would look real crap, so what a good rear set, or any thoughts on a solution to the stock set?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Satos are nice, but it's sorta like putting a Yoshimura exhaust on (IMO)
How about Rizoma?? Don't they make a nice set?

John

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Have you guys seen the rear set on the Veltro? they look very nice, I wonder if they will offer those to the public.

Just about had enough of the stock pegs, hell they are so slippery! Love the adjustment and design, so no probs there, but boots just don't stick! Yes I have heard of 'roughing' up the end tips, but its a bit amaturist and would look real crap, so what a good rear set, or any thoughts on a solution to the stock set?
A better alternative to just "roughing up" the pegs yourself is to take the OEM pegs to a local machine shop and have them checker the surface so that it has better traction. Gunsmiths or custom handgun builders are used to doing stuff like that too and would be able to do a beautiful job.

Although I don't own a MV yet but the OEM rearset seems well design and well made, the issues I have with it are that the footpegs seem slippery(safty) and pivots(crash protection), also that it seems to be made with very little material and would break easily if laid down, another thing is that the shift lever could not be converted to GP pattern easily like the 916's... that's a different topic though.

IMO, it's very important to have a well designed and strong rearset... besides the ergonomic issue, I have seen too many "ultra light and beautifully styled" but weak pegs and rearset snap off at moderate to even slow speed crash both on the streets and the track, the consequence on the track may simply means that your day is over (if no spares are available), or a long wait for a tow truck and a ride home if you are on the road... not to mention the extra damage to the bike's fairings and frame(especially if no other crash protections are installed).

At first I was investigating the availability of non-pivoting cylindrical pegs for extra crash protection, but after looking at the OEM rearset design it seems to be better to just get an aftermarket item to meet my need.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all,

appreciate your thoughts, will investigate those Italian ones 'Rizoma', and odonata, I like the ides of keeping the stock ones, so idea of having an expert machining in some checker grooves is a good thought, I will now investigate. Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts