MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This suit is just awesome...no pic can do it justice.

I got this suit for doing a "bit of a favour" for a guy who has very good connections with Alpinestars distribution in Aus.

My current Vector Suit is Euro 52 and has always been a bit big...and now I've lost about 6kg and got pretty fit the Vector suit swins on me.

I intended to get a new Euro 50 suit, and when this opportunity came up, I asked about the possibility of getting the new Race Rep.

2 weeks later I'm in my Euro 50 Race rep suit..
Feels amazing, cant wait to try it out !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pretty flash Pete, nice camel toe too! ( joken) makes me want to get some leathers.
Thats the only loose area...go figure :jsm:
I've worn them on and off all day, and they are very tight around that knee cup and calf area...the stretch panels seem to give a little, but after a 200km stint I'm guessing my knees are going to hurt a little under the kneecap
I'll go try to break them in a little tomorrow....

As with all leathers like this, they feel much better sitting on the bike.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
look like you're ready to go fight crime with the best of them!!

hope you like alpinestar...you're covered with the stuff! :toothless

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
my wife would say all you need is a flowing cape and you can do exactly what style mentioned...fight crime!!

On a serious note, you can sit in it while watching WSBK this weekend and really break it in!

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Pete: I'm liking the helmet a bunch.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Could be a little tighter around your rear end... :stickpoke but very nice!
All race leather are loose here mike when you're standing...designed to fit when on the bike

Dude,,,why are you looking at that area so closely anyway :stickpoke

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pete.. You can relax now and breath out ( quick... while no ones looking :))
LOL...2 years ago, yep I'd agree with you !
These days, no need to breathe in:)

Running 25km a week plus twice a week at gym !!
I'm fitter at 42 than I was at 32 !

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Looks great mate. I agree with you about the gym work and doing alot of superman pushups. I went from a 52 Euro to a 46 Euro (or 48 Euro depending on the make).

Also doing squats (3 sets of 40 squats) with your new leather will break in the leathers around your knees.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Dude,,,why are you looking at that area so closely anyway :stickpoke
Ha ha lol! It just caught my eye...

I'm obsessed about the perfect fit. I've been wearing the kangaroo onepiece while watching tv etc (haven't worn it on the bike yet; too cold), and it still needs some work. The rear is perfect I think. I can hardly walk about in it. :smoking:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ha ha lol! It just caught my eye...

I'm obsessed about the perfect fit. I've been wearing the kangaroo onepiece while watching tv etc (haven't worn it on the bike yet; too cold), and it still needs some work. The rear is perfect I think. I can hardly walk about in it. :smoking:
That must be frustrating...the only real place to break leathers in is to ride.

These ones are awesome for straight off the shelf, but they'd want to be considering the
Went for a ride today, they feel great already. Will have to get use to the snug fit though..its not uncomfortable, race more "racelike" than im use to:)

My last leathers were nice and baggy:)
Sold them in a day too !

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
The previous onepiece I had, cow, not kangaroo, got a little baggy after a year of trackdays so I had it altered to make the fit tighter again. Then it was cut off in ribbons by a nice nurse.

Best thing probably is to wear it on the bike for at least a total of six hours or so (preferably trackdays because you move about a lot) then see how it has bedded in.

My concern actually is that, once I've fitted the back protector (Forcefield) which is on its way, I may be able to get into the suit, but not out of it again... :laughing:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The previous onepiece I had, cow, not kangaroo, got a little baggy after a year of trackdays so I had it altered to make the fit tighter again. Then it was cut off in ribbons by a nice nurse.

Best thing probably is to wear it on the bike for at least a total of six hours or so (preferably trackdays because you move about a lot) then see how it has bedded in.

My concern actually is that, once I've fitted the back protector (Forcefield) which is on its way, I may be able to get into the suit, but not out of it again... :laughing:
That's why all the latest high end leathers have large amounts of strategically placed Kevlar stretch panels.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts