MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty scary...

I was leaving work, and this Subaru Impreeza Wagon almost runs a red and hits me....well, he slams on the brakes and stops. Almost accident #1....

So, there's a couple lights leaving the mall before the highway and we're going along and hit a couple of them, no rush, slow take offs like normal. So we get to the light that goes under the overpass and sit there for what seems an eternity in this dreadful 95 degree heat + 97823465983469% humidity. He rolls down his window and says "yo dude...my bad!"...whatever....I just want to get away from you you fuck.

So the light turns green, and I've taken this sweeping left a billion times, going nearly 80 MPH exiting....So I thought, no sweat, I'de just gas it leaving the light, as usual to get ahead of this guy that almost hit me trying to be all in a hurry.

Well light turns green and I give it gas...1st, get out of 1st kinda early as it's touchy, and give it gas in 2nd....well, this asswipe decides to "race" me, so I gas it hardas usual when only for some reason, it gets some nasty headshake. Never happenned to me on that turn before. I keep on the gas and somewhat straighten her up, but can't brake as I don't want anything sketchy to happen. Asshole doesn't even slow! The headshake goes away and I'm givin her gas(still slightly leaned over), and he decides to merge!!!! Wtf dude, there's still a ton of two lanes merge left....just because the lines disappear, doesn't mean merge! :cussing:

So I straighten her up and try to pass him and/or ride the yellow line near the grass, but end up actually going into the grass run off the road!!!! I get some NASTY tankslappers, and the bike is getting a little bit of air, as I can feel it coming back down. To make matters worse, it was soft terrain, so it made crashing even a ton more eminentnt. Somehow, I relaxed through the whole thing, kept steady on the throttle, and just kept telling myself "I'm not gonna let you go down, I'm not gonna let you go down!" While at the same time thinking "fuck...I'm fucked!" All this happens at about 60-70MPH for like 150 yards...you can imagine being in my place and having to ride through the grass going about 70MPH, but somehow I didn't lay her down. And somehow, I didn't hit the merging traffic sign :eek:

Finally, when I hit concrete, It calms down, and then I notice, the fucker hardly slowed...so I WOT and just take off...ASSHOLE GASES IT TOO!!! I dunno wtf he was thinking...that I wanted to race? But when I got up to traffic, he was ON MY ASS! So I swirve in and out to get away from this dickwad and take my exit about 5 miles down the road, and as I'm exiting, he honks his horn and gives me a peace sign :wtf:

Surprisingly, I wasn't shaken up afterwards, but I was pretty damn pissed, but at the same time VERY extatic I made it through the whole ordeal....

Goes to show, no matter how many times you taken a turn at whatever speed....something can still bite you in the ass.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tell me about it. Typically, I woulda just slowed down and let the guy pass so he could "win", but he came outta nowhere when I was in second gear. Might be the reason I got headshake is cause he startled me a little. Possibly, but not likely....

I got headshake before I got the chance to slow down or brake. Asshat thought I wanted to race, when in reality, all I wanted to do was get away from that nutso...

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
oicdn said:
Pretty scary...

I was leaving work, and this Subaru Impreeza Wagon almost runs a red and hits me....well, he slams on the brakes and stops. Almost accident #1....

So, there's a couple lights leaving the mall before the highway and we're going along and hit a couple of them, no rush, slow take offs like normal. So we get to the light that goes under the overpass and sit there for what seems an eternity in this dreadful 95 degree heat + 97823465983469% humidity. He rolls down his window and says "yo dude...my bad!"...whatever....I just want to get away from you you fuck.

So the light turns green, and I've taken this sweeping left a billion times, going nearly 80 MPH exiting....So I thought, no sweat, I'de just gas it leaving the light, as usual to get ahead of this guy that almost hit me trying to be all in a hurry.

Well light turns green and I give it gas...1st, get out of 1st kinda early as it's touchy, and give it gas in 2nd....well, this asswipe decides to "race" me, so I gas it hardas usual when only for some reason, it gets some nasty headshake. Never happenned to me on that turn before. I keep on the gas and somewhat straighten her up, but can't brake as I don't want anything sketchy to happen. Asshole doesn't even slow! The headshake goes away and I'm givin her gas(still slightly leaned over), and he decides to merge!!!! Wtf dude, there's still a ton of two lanes merge left....just because the lines disappear, doesn't mean merge! :cussing:

So I straighten her up and try to pass him and/or ride the yellow line near the grass, but end up actually going into the grass run off the road!!!! I get some NASTY tankslappers, and the bike is getting a little bit of air, as I can feel it coming back down. To make matters worse, it was soft terrain, so it made crashing even a ton more eminentnt. Somehow, I relaxed through the whole thing, kept steady on the throttle, and just kept telling myself "I'm not gonna let you go down, I'm not gonna let you go down!" While at the same time thinking "fuck...I'm fucked!" All this happens at about 60-70MPH for like 150 yards...you can imagine being in my place and having to ride through the grass going about 70MPH, but somehow I didn't lay her down. And somehow, I didn't hit the merging traffic sign :eek:

Finally, when I hit concrete, It calms down, and then I notice, the fucker hardly slowed...so I WOT and just take off...ASSHOLE GASES IT TOO!!! I dunno wtf he was thinking...that I wanted to race? But when I got up to traffic, he was ON MY ASS! So I swirve in and out to get away from this dickwad and take my exit about 5 miles down the road, and as I'm exiting, he honks his horn and gives me a peace sign :wtf:

Surprisingly, I wasn't shaken up afterwards, but I was pretty damn pissed, but at the same time VERY extatic I made it through the whole ordeal....

Goes to show, no matter how many times you taken a turn at whatever speed....something can still bite you in the ass.
first of all......
holy Shi_
i can't believe this story...
i'm thrilled you are OK.... by the grace of God, i guess

secondly....
this is why you have to learn to ride and SHOOT....... at the same time :jsm:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
360 Posts
Glad to hear you recovered it. Tossers who think there cars can compete with motorbikes are a worldwide phenomenom.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
oicdn said:
DON'T I KNOW IT!!!

but :wtf: with that cager? i mean if you would have went down, would he still flashed the peace sign at you? :jerkoff: i can't even imagine myself in that situation and what i'd do. but you kept your composure and you and the brute made it through ok. doesn't it seem go happen alot faster than when your typing it out and explaining it?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Ha! James posted incriminating evidence. Obviously it was him in the Subaru!

Glad you're ok. Scary stuff. Justification for why we all hate cagers. For some reason they think it's cool to pass us at 80mph in a 45, a few feet from our exposed bodies, like we'll understand because we're "racing".

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Glad you're ok, I'm worried about that head shake...is that the start of a tank slapper?

Why does it happen and has it happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
What could have happened is that you tensed up under the stress, held the bars too tight with your arms tense, and that can induce the shake, because the front tyre can't then naturally make minor adjustments of steering itself over the road surface, so it ends up being magnified. (If I remember Mr Keith Code correctly, that is.)

But man, if I couldn't beat a Scooby away from the lights, I'd be pretty tense too..:) just kidding!

Si

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Glad you came out of it OK.

When a cager wants to race you, just slow down and let them pass. There is a time and place for drag racing and the streets is not a place where you want to do it.

I personally think its shows great personal restraint and control not to blast up a public road. I've seen a couple of nasty crashes (in my short 19 years of riding) involving bikes and cagers at only 80km/h and its an ugly site when someone has to be scraped off the road!!!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, the head shake was pretty scary. There's a bump in the road where the pavement meets new asphalt, but I can't remember if I was gassing and leaning when I hit it...all I remember is the front end going nuts and me going "holy fuck!" then recovering it...then, next thing I know, I'm tankslapping in the grass...

I'll tell ya, it was pretty shocking. He literally came out of nowhere after I was in 2nd, I thought it was gonna be an easy gap, but he shot up right next to me mid lean. I usually have no problem leaving a car, but this guy...maybe it's cause he was so close to me physically mid turn, I was being overtly cautious...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Glad you're ok....There're no gains, only losses when you get involved with jerks like that! Even when I'm in my car and some jerk wants to race me, I typically check them out first to see if they are driving a "capable" car and if they appear seasoned drivers. Otherwise I just let them go, because even if I win the race, they could still always loose control and run into me going into a corner side by side, etc, etc. I've done some autocross racing and throttle control is a fine art when you go into corners sliding sideways. I never, never ever race kids in economical buzzers that are sooped up!...they have no fear, no regards, no control, and no real race experience! And they typically crash...only a matter of time???

·
Registered
798 Posts
kamranmarashi said:
Glad you're ok....There're no gains, only losses when you get involved with jerks like that! Even when I'm in my car and some jerk wants to race me, I typically check them out first to see if they are driving a "capable" car and if they appear seasoned drivers. Otherwise I just let them go, because even if I win the race, they could still always loose control and run into me going into a corner side by side, etc, etc. I've done some autocross racing and throttle control is a fine art when you go into corners sliding sideways. I never, never ever race kids in economical buzzers that are sooped up!...they have no fear, no regards, no control, and no real race experience! And they typically crash...only a matter of time???
Well said.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts