MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was riding around today on my B3 800. Hit 1000 miles and have had the bike for less than a month. Pulled off to wait for my brother to catch up to me. Had the bike in neutral for literally 2 minutes and the bike starts to overhead (spiked up to 6 bars). I get back on the road and the bike wont drop below the medium line unless I'm going 70 mph in 6th gear. Pull into my garage and notice that my coolant reservoir has no coolant at all in it. Like literally no coolant. No drips. No crusty blue/white residue. Where did all the coolant go? It was a fair amount above minimum last weekend.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Check your radiator, is there any sign of cracking, my previous B3 800 radiator crack itself after 1 month ride, and my present F3 800 radiator crack itself after 1 month ride too.

·
Registered
292 Posts
The coolant in reservoir probably got spit out from air bubbles, I lost a LOT like this once, a passerby pointed the trail of coolant out to me as I stopped. Gave me quite the fright.
But you should have plenty still in radiator. Just top it up and hopefully the air bubbles are down with. Mine has been fine since then and I have it topped up to maximum line.
If on the other hand there isn't any coolant in radiator then it's FUBAR.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eugenekek,

Did your radiator get replaced under warranty when it cracked?

I find it really difficult to believe that I would have that serious of a leak and somehow wouldnt notice it when the bike was parked. But obviously the coolant had to go somewhere. Is there any sort of overflow on the reservoir? I was on the freeway today which was hilariously bumpy (my kidneys actually started to hurt) and I suppose I could see it sloshing around and spilling out.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I didn't notice any overflow of coolant from the reservoir, what I actually saw was the stain left at my side radiator covers and the front mud guard, which will turn blueish white when it dry. You should have checked whether any stain like this on your bike too. Ya both cover by warranty, cause there is no sign of stone hitting and make it crack, even stone hit and crack it suppose to be covered by warranty too. Check with your dealer, I m going to send back my bike to my dealer tmr morning to replace the radiator which surprisingly they have stock...

·
Registered
742 Posts
The coolant in reservoir probably got spit out from air bubbles, I lost a LOT like this once, a passerby pointed the trail of coolant out to me as I stopped. Gave me quite the fright.
But you should have plenty still in radiator. Just top it up and hopefully the air bubbles are down with. Mine has been fine since then and I have it topped up to maximum line.
If on the other hand there isn't any coolant in radiator then it's FUBAR.
I'm with Aiki. :) Top it up, keep an eye out for leaks and press the radiator hose when warm and running. Just in case you have a leaking head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts