MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have another problem with my TV today, as I try to launch the bike very fast, all gears to redline, like you suddenly want to race and put gears in redline. Then all the sensors lights bump on the dashboard and my TV start to reduce power and you can not drive anymore.

So I pull on the side of the road, turn of engine and wait for 30s - 1 minute, then start the bike again and everything back to normal. I tried three times, still have same problem with all sensors jump up.

Then I tried to moderate speed up all gears to redline, everything is fine, no engine lights come up or what so ever.

Do you have any problems with TV like me? or is it factory limited my TV speed or ECU program to protecting my TV some how? My TV imported from EU, as I've heard Bikes import from EU have no speed control on ECU. is it correct?

·
Administrator
19,791 Posts
I think it is the way you are launching your bike. Stop trying to race start your touring bike.

Reactions: Hubbinator

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Revving into the red line you'll be hitting the limiter and two bright orange lights will illuminate at the top of your instruments. You can set this limiter to a hard or soft in the settings on the dash. My understanding is that 'soft' tails of the power whilst 'hard' drops it suddenly, both when, I think, 13,000 rpm is reached.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Bumpkin. I will try with your advises.

Esq'z me, TV is capable to race right? I just want to check it out.

·
Super Moderator
22,298 Posts
The TV is a TOURING BIKE. If you want to race, get an F4...preferably the RC.

·
Super Moderator
22,298 Posts
Yes, but if your method of riding your bike is to start out in second gear, hit the gas and pin it to redline, the you will reap the benefits of those actions.
@Bumpkin: I am certain, even on the track, you do not ride like that.

Having the bike on the track is a different animal from pretending you are at the Winter Nationals racing John Force or his daughters.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I think I've never reached the rev limiter on any of my bikes except the Bandit 400 (the usable zone was about 2000 rpms between 12500 and 14500, which explains that)...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sounds like how I'd start on the moto track as a teen..

I remember you modifying your rear sprocket and dampener cover by adding a rubber shim.

Are you positive that this modification has not resulted in your noticeable issues?

Have you checked the clearance between the rear hub and sprocket carrier to ensure they are not rubbing? Should be ~ 1mm to 2 mm clearance.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fastspy, no problem for me so far with my modification.

TV has a sport engine F3 800, so I just try to ride hard and I just want to share with you, the unexpected behavior of TV when some how you ride hard and it's happen that errors appear in dashboard, that is the design of bike to protect the engine or that is not normal.

I never have any problems with launching R6, R1, Mt09, Mt10... in second gear... . So in case someone here also have similar problems and figure how to fixed it can share together or do not panic or worry to much when that happen to your TV.

But I tried Bumpkin's suggest, even change setting in custom map and ride hard in sport mode, seem like no problem so far. So I might conclude the rain mode and touring mode is engine protecting somehow.

·
Super Moderator
22,298 Posts
TV has a sport engine F3 800, so I just try to rid. So I might conclude the rain mode and touring mode is engine protecting somehow.
The TV does have a F3 800 engine, but it is tuned for touring. Cam profiles and timing are also most likely different to the F3.

As for your comment about Rain Mode and Touring Mode...those do in fact provide reduced power and rev limits.

Your traction control settings will also have a major impact.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The TV does have a F3 800 engine, but it is tuned for touring. Cam profiles and timing are also most likely different to the F3.

As for your comment about Rain Mode and Touring Mode...those do in fact provide reduced power and rev limits.

In City ride, I turn of TC and sometime ABS, in that way, I feel better ride with TV.

·
Registered
866 Posts

Looking into the details of the references, while there is lot of common parts, it looks like the key differences are the Piston, cylinder heads, Valves, and Cam profiles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts