MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say HI to everyone and fill you in on the latest.
I traded my F4 off to my riding Buddy down in California and got my 916 back. The F4 was rotting in my shop and my friend lives in motorcycle heaven so off it went. He is ten years younger than me so he has many years to enjoy it. He is a much better rider than I as well so it will be used as it should and appreciated for what it is. The last time I took the F4 out, which was last summer, I was looking forward to getting off it before I reached my gate. At 65 my lap times have slowed considerably so an even more relaxed pace than my former relaxed pace is in order.
The 916 I rescued from a shop in Alabama many years ago and restored to it's former glory. I sold it to my friend who raced it a few times and now it is back home with the other three Ducatis where it belongs. Of course my friend added some really nice racing goodies to it, new front rotors and had the forks rebuilt and got all those pesky 916 issues sorted that I didn't. Anyone familiar with the 1995 916 knows there are many issues that need sorting, electrical issues abound. Now these are all ship shape so riding won't be such an adventure of how do I get home from here.
The F4 was huge fun but after all the tweaking there was nothing left to do with it except ride it. Riding up here in the Great White North is limited at best so not much of that specially with four other bikes to ride.
I want to say how much I have enjoyed this forum and all ya all on it. Thank you for your help with issues I have encountered with the F4.
I will stop by from time to time so be good for goodness sake.
Sagerider

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I would have never done this deal.
But hey if it makes You happy.
Well, happy motoring and say hello here from time to time.

·
Registered
661 Posts
916 is a great bike too, enjoy and happy trails :)

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Sage, you're still welcome here. We've got several members that no longer own their MVs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts