MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALEX MARQUEZ fired before even in 1 race . This has upset/angered Marc Marquez. Pol Espargro has been signed as M. Marquez team mate. The decision came from the president of Honda. M. Marquez had been blaming the RCV213 for Alexs slow lap times and wanting honda to build bike around Alex. I read M.Marquez rumored to be looking for another manufacturer now . I always thought Honda was cutting R&D and relying on Marquez speed to win races on crap bike. I now wonder if Marquez was developing bike and not being an engineer the RCV213 turned into crap bike but Marquez is SO fast he won anyway. BUT then no one else could be even competitive on Marquez self developed bike. Honda says they want the RCV213 to be a competitive bike for all riders and is looking at Pol espargro to work with engineers to complete task.
Being the Marquez family is freakishly close i cant wait to see what happens next.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Honda has made Marc Marquez look like a fool . Honda makes a deal where they sign his brother on as team mate and in turn Marc Marquez signs a 4 year contract . THEN thy fire the brother before he rides in his first race? As the old saying goes... I hope Honda kissed Marc Marquez before they f*cked him . LOL

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I would REALLY love to know what went on behind the scenes here. Honda had options before it before even signing Alex. No amount of soft-sell about discharging Alex would pacify me, and hopefully (and reasonably) the Marquez family and management should be majorly aggrieved.

No argument from me that Alex might not have been up to the job (in the first year at least) and you, Jake, make a very good point about Alex's signing perhaps being a bargaining tool to secure Marc for 4 years. Hopefully, like most of the rider's contracts, there will be an escape clause.

I think now that Marc will ride his arse off and clean up the minuscule 2020 championship with ease, and then seek a bail out at end of season. Vacancies will be a problem, but no manufacturer (in my opinion) would reject an offer by MM to race for them.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read there is a seat open on LCR Honda ALEX might be offered but thats just another insult being it is obviously a piss poor attempt to placate Marc Marquez.. Also the way marketing played up the Marquez brothers MotoGP bit ect ect .and lets not forget that MM has always said his brother was faster than him ... It makes MM look like a dumb kid who got played for a fool.. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE MM DO A LORENZO AND GO ...TOURING... FINISHING LAST IN EVERY RACE UNTIL HONDA FIRES HIM .

·
Registered
375 Posts
MM is good enough to come last in every race this season and still have the pick of every other factory team ... and I really hope he does.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Hola Jake!
How are you mate? Hope everything is getting better with your health.

Games, games, games
Glad to hear Lorenzo most likely will be back on the Ducati.

Come on Jake, make a prediction. Who will win 2020?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Nesca actually feeling better. Now they say i have a tumor ON my pancrease and if they cut off a piece of my pancreas with the tumor I might? be ok for 7=8 years. ODD BUT TRUE I have been a heath nut all my life ran 6 miles 7 days a week full body work out 7 days a week all the weight AND all the reps. NON drinker. BUT tumor restricts bile duct so everything i eat is like poision as it backs up into my LIVER. Both conditions Should? vastly improve when tumor cut out .

Prediction 2020? ...M.Marquez could win if you gave him a 300hp Suzuki Burgman to ride lol. Next season I hope M.marquez signs with Ducati, wins every race then shoots Honda AND DORNA the finger.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Honda RCV213 is the worst handling bike in MotoGP but MMarquez doesnt care ,all he wants is to be faster than the Ducatis. The Honda falls short of the Ducatis speed so the race engineers lack time to work on the RC213 chassis/suspension=Handling.....WHY?>>> M. Marquez has/had so much clout he is/was directing which direction R&D is/was going .( iread this on Motomatters and other publications). The President of HRC called for ALEX to be fired. MaybeHonda had enough and doesnt care if he leaves?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What i meant to say is maybe Having Alex and Marc on the team caused SO many problems in the team as a whole they decided if Marc leaves so be it .

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alex Marquez demoted to the privateer? LCR Honda team. Still a slap in the face to both Marc and Alex.

ALSO....If i read the meaning correctly? Pol Espargro said/thinks he has equal status to Marc Marquez on the Repsol Honda team. (GPONE.COM) I think He is in for a big surprise LOL.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Yep, sort of demotion, but still HRC contract, as was Cal's.

Equal status will be a far call from equal results. No doubt Pol is talented, but we all know that JL99 proved there's a steep learning curve on the Honda.

·
Registered
196 Posts
One thing's for sure, HRC won't be getting the best out of MM this season! Post race comments should be interesting!
Only problem he has is that Espargro is FAST!

·
Registered
892 Posts
HRC know what hey are doing..........they know their bike is/was not the best and therefore to get the best results from MM, they need someone to be fast on the same bike. What do they say.......your first goal is to beat your team mate. If Pol can match or dare I say it, beat MM, then HRC will get the best out of MM.......win, win. Unfortunately, Alex looked like he would never be able to delver that.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Honda baited MM by bringing in his brother. Once his brother signed honda then gave a MM a 4 year new deal when MM signed that honda got what they wanted then outed AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Honda baited MM by bringing in his brother. Once his brother signed honda then gave a MM a 4 year new deal when MM signed that honda got what they wanted then outed AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah. Japanese are far too respectful to employ such tactics! ;) :unsure:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Nah. Japanese are far too respectful to employ such tactics! ;) :unsure:
That used to be my perception of them, until I actually did business with them, nothing of the sort IME!

I'm glad JL will be returning. Had he stayed with the Ducati when he moved to Honda, I think he would have been challenging MM for the championship that year.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I think this way is better for AM, he can feel his way into Honda without the pressure of top team and MM as team mate. It's more sensible, he'll just be continually ridiculed otherwise, surely even he must see that, look how slow he was in practice.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
He is being replaced by Pol Espargaro for 2021. He is expected to go to LCR, Crutchlow out.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nigel japanese have respect among themselves but to foreigners they are as honest as the Chinese.. Post Mr Honda... Honda is known to be real pricks to riders.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts