MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer is getting in limited sets of the Alcantera (I think thats how you spell it) Red seats for the F4s,
has anyone ridden with this material (its from MV Special Parts, so I guess its the same original stuff as on the Ago)

Im interested in feedback on the grip and dose it get grubby from moving around in leathers?

I reckon it looks fantastic, has F4 embroidered on the hump bit.

As Ive only seen it on new bikes, so always looks great....will it stay this way?

·
Registered
72 Posts
agusta01 said:
My dealer is getting in limited sets of the Alcantera (I think thats how you spell it) Red seats for the F4s,
has anyone ridden with this material (its from MV Special Parts, so I guess its the same original stuff as on the Ago)

Im interested in feedback on the grip and dose it get grubby from moving around in leathers?

I reckon it looks fantastic, has F4 embroidered on the hump bit.

As Ive only seen it on new bikes, so always looks great....will it stay this way?
I don't know how long the material will last. I've one on my SPR and it looks fine, but my bike only has 700 miles on it. I can say that BMWs with Alcantara steering wheels have been know to wear, but the Alcantara seats do fine. That might due to the oils in peoples hands whereas the seat does not encounter oil. When washing my bike I don't spray the Alcantara seat directly. I figure if it wears out in 10k miles I'll just buy another. It looks 100x better than the stock seat... Oh if you do get an Alcantara seat expect anyone and everyone to touch it when they come by your bike, they can't resist it, especially the small back pad.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Go to:
http://www.alcantara.com/
Then make sure you select "OCEANIA", then select "English", them select "Maintenance". It's important you select "Oceania", because the other links don't get you to "Maintenance".

I have it on mine and love it (click on the bike appearing next to my name). Far better than the cheap stock plastic cover. Just make sure you don't sit on the side of the road/railing/rocks/logs/burgers etc... before climbing back on the saddle. Also, you'll want to stop riding in the rain as the street grime would soon turn it ugly!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Alacantara Seats

Hi Agusta01

Is this Paul Feeney's? How much are they asking and is it on an exchange basis?
I've been looking at the ones from eBay/Casoli...
Let me know, I'm in Sydney

·
Registered
474 Posts
beearch said:
Hi Agusta01

Is this Paul Feeney's? How much are they asking and is it on an exchange basis?
I've been looking at the ones from eBay/Casoli...
Let me know, I'm in Sydney
Hope it's not a case of if you gotta ask you can't afford it type deal. Keep us posted with pricing for the set.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for feedback and links....

They are avaliable from Prestige Motorcycles in Brisbane and direct from MV sp.

They get the delivery tomorrow, so will let you know the price then.

Oh and not on exchange basis, but the original ones will be snapped up I guess...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Fitted them on the weekend, I chose black, just personal view, I think there would have been too much red.

Anyway price...main seat A$399 and the hump A$99. Don't forget though this is not an exchange item (that is you keep the original seat) some suppliers will put the material on your existing seat.
This one is from MV sp, so the fit and finish is un questionable.....looks fantastic!

Will post a pic tomorrow

PS the great thing is the material is perfectly formed to the shape of the seat, as you know the plastis original has that air pocket that goes away when you sit on it, the contours look so much better!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
RG3's now the seat...congrats again. Look forward to seeing the pics.

Umm...did you choose black before or after you found out that was the only colour that came through. :toothless I spoke to Pretsige and they told me that although they ordered more colours black was all that they would be getting.

Just stirring...Yes I know I know, you could have ordered the red online.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny enough they have in stock the seat in blue for the silver/blue F4, now that would not go with the red!!

I looked at the Ago at Feeneys...red seat, red bike on the weekend prior....that sort of made up my mind.

Prestige have some great carbon bits in stock from MV sp, I have my eye on the front guard to match my rear, it has the corse logo on as well....mmm only another $700.... :grin:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Yes those carbon bits are expensive. I think the tail they have is AU$2700.

It's interesting that it was seeing the Ago in the flesh that changed your mind as I was thinking of going the red seat myself (when I finally pick up my bike) and now...I think I need to see an Ago in the flesh.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
It may be a silly question Graham. I know it never rains on you guys in Oz, but are these Alcantera seats waterproof? :confused:

·
Registered
72 Posts
john said:
It may be a silly question Graham. I know it never rains on you guys in Oz, but are these Alcantera seats waterproof? :confused:
While I do not leave my SPR sitting in the rain I do wash it and water does get on the seat. No porblems so far. A lot of car companines are using alcantara for seating surfaces and steering wheels, it's pretty tough stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
recently had my rider and pillion seat covered in red .sent my originals to emotouk who covered over the top of them not sure why but they done a great job .they cost me £104

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
There are a few firms advertising on UK ebay who will re-cover your original seat (suede or alcantera) for about £70. Has anyone tried them?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rockethouse, I didn't really didn't plan checking the Ago out for the seat, but when drooling over it, it did strike me how much red there was, the Ago is not so bad as there is an embroidered logo on the hump which kinda breaks it up a bit, but would advise you check it out prior to purchase.

John, yes this stuff is quite amazing in its strength and is totally waterpoof, I can't remember who posted, but there is a link to the manaufacturers site and they cover all of that stuff.

As for emoto, I have seen their work, in my very humble opinion, its th quality of the leather and the fit that counts, but no doubt at all the MV sp stuff is very expensive!

Photo to follow

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not the best pics, but you get the idea.
Has anyone else got the MV cover? ...although mine lives inside, its a great addition, I think it comes 'free' with the Ago

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts