MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello out there in Alberta, Canada, I'll be visiting in Calgary, Alberta from July 1 - 4, 2010, and would like to know if any MV owners would be available for a ride two days before, or two days after those dates? I'm a Brutale owner ('04 Oro, and '06 910S), and an F4 owner, Tamburini #86. Additionally, I'm a veteran of Bubbalicious I this past October, and my riding skills aren't quite up to Fast Eddie's, but I could hold my own with Randarosa!!!

I'll need to rent/borrow a bike to ride, but having driven from Jasper to Lake Louise to Banff in a car, I'm really looking forward to making the same trip on a bike!!!

Is anyone out there that might be up for this ride at that time? Thanks in advance for considering this trip.

:f4::yo::drummer:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Good luck finding anyone here that is an owner. The Great White North doesn't recognize MV as a brand that is importable. There have been a few if I remember correctly, but in my research before moving here, they won't allow it in. If you look thru older posts, there was a way to do it but it wouldn't work for me. I'm located in BC about three hours from Calgary and miss riding my Brute and hopefully will purchase something in the spring. Good Luck.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I managed to get mine registered a few years ago,(2002 F4) it was REAL HARD to do then. Forget trying to bring one in now, I tried with no luck. I have contacts at the ministry and even they can't do it now. Maybe a US/Canadian with duel residency could get one in. It's still not on the RIV list for importation.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
you poor guys...pretty shitty being denied the most beautiful motorcycle in the world

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's hard to believe in today's day and age that MV's aren't allowed into Canada!!!! Must be some sort of CanAm/Bombardier conspiracy.

I'll wait out a few more responses, ....Alberta are you listening???

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
...... but I could hold my own with Randarosa!!!
That's not saying much Dave......:)

BTW, Banff etc., is one of my favorite places in the entire world.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Randy, good to hear from you, and Happy New Year to you and Jackie!!!

I did find a 'dealer' in Calgary, Alberta who rents various types of bikes, including two Ducs...a Multistrada 1100, and a Monster 696. For now it looks like Mary stays over for two days, and we take the Ducs to Banff, Lake Louise, and Jasper. It's a tough life, but someone has to do it!!!!

To think...Canada lets in Ducs, but not MVs....:jerkoff:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts