MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Akuma_V2_Full_Face_Helmet_Stealth_Matte--624733.html

Who has experience with Akuma helmets? They are made in the USA and have the US DOT & ECE 22-05 certification. Not sure how those specs stack up compared to the others...although I'm sure someone will chime in.

While I really like my Shoei X-11 Lawson helmet, I'm interested in a helmet that will better compliment my SPR. Safety and proper fit are more important to me than looks...however if this thing checks out I don't know if there is a better looking helmet for a SPR rider.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
How cool would that shape be if it were solid matte, no graphics? :smoking:

Just a thought...

Griff
twoeleven

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
twoeleven said:
How cool would that shape be if it were solid matte, no graphics? :smoking:

Just a thought...

Griff
twoeleven

shoei has a matte one.... no exciting graphics to speak of....

·
Registered
208 Posts
I Just Purchased One At The Motorcycle Show In Seatlle For 375$ It Has The Certs And A Nice Paint Job, But What Sold Me Was The Led Light For Reading Maps Or Whatever In The Dark. Should Come In Handy Unlocking The Work Facility In The Morning. Seems Very Similair To The Kbc In Looks. Van

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't believe they will help against police radar. However, if you do get pulled over by the fuzz they may think the MV and the helmet are sooo cool they may let you go with a warning. :f4:

They are available at kneedraggers.com per the link at my first post.

Hey Vananator - what helmet did you regularly use prior, what size did you wear, and how is the fit of the Stealth compared to your old helmet?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sr, I Wear A Large In Arai,vemar, And Xl In Suomy. I Bought A Large And It Is Snug But Should Be Perfect Once Broke In. And The Helmet Also Comes In Matte Finish For All Intrested! Saw You Are Local If You Want To Try Fit-later Van(helmet Whore)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Check out the Arai RX7 Corsair that I have for sale. It is still new and unused in the box (I did not even tried it on as I did not buy the SPR after all). I bought it specifically to go with an SPR I thought I was going to buy. Top of the line Arai for close to the same price. Sorry for the thread highjack, just thought you might be interested:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11940

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey B4 - no problem Kimosabe. I'd be interested but Arai helmets don't fit my gord. I'm also considering the Akuma Shaolin Dragon (below). I'm beginning to think this might be a better choice for the SPR. Looks more menacing.

Who knows the difference between the different safety ratings? This one is DOT & ECE certified.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts