MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just sparing many thoughts for the poor souls who lost their lives over Ukraine today.

There are so many questions not least of which is why on earth was a civilian airliner routed over a war zone where military aircraft have been downed over the last couple of weeks .

RIP the 300 lost

joe

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Yup

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Very weird. A family that lives a street from us all died in that crash. My daughter was on a camping trip last week and was sleeping in the same tent as the girl from the family that is now dead.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Malaysian airline ...and a sophisticated SAM .

So sorry Erik...That is very upsetting for you all. I have travelled through Schipol many times.

I often feel I am rolling the dice when flying.

Joe

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Dollars, and greed , how the fucccc did Malaysian airlines even let that plane get close to that area, shame on you pricks, Corporate Dick heads, RIP 300 HUMANS. I FEEL YOUR LOSS.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Sorry if I am being a bit pissed off, But as I am getting older I am seeing Humanity just crumble away, I am always thoughtful towards my fellow man and women but am finding these quality's are slipping away in the general business world. These days you have to cross and tick every situation at my level of work, but hey lets just put a plane over a war zone and what are these guys getting paid, shit loads . oops

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Hi Eddy

The Malaysian airline was flying through the normal route taken by all other airlines that fly to the same locations ( shared air flight route) and was flying serveral thousand kilometres above the " No Fly Zone" in that region..

The Planet is fine.... It's the people are F***ed up.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Hi Eddy

The Malaysian airline was flying through the normal route taken by all other airlines that fly to the same locations ( shared air flight route) and was flying serveral thousand kilometres above the " No Fly Zone" in that region..

The Planet is fine.... It's the people are F***ed up.

In the USS Enterprise boldly going where no man has gone before?

Second part, very much agreed. But the funny thing about it is, doesn't everyone think they're doing right? If so, who's wrong? :penguin:

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Hey Nick

In this case the pri*ks on the ground... The airline did nothing wrong and was just following recommended protocol.

This is a sad loss of innocent life that didn’t need to happen.. Not pilot error, not airline maintenance neglect and not air traffic control failure, but mindless sociopaths on the ground with weapons of mass destruction.

This second incident in two months could finish off the airline.. Look what happened to Pan Am with Lockerbie. And that wasn’t their fault either.

Just think, right now as you read this, some guy, somewhere is getting ready to bomb someone, shoot someone and cause more heartache for someone’s family.

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
shortcuts

I guess flying over a war zone isn't the best idea.......

Its been proven before.......maybe next time they won't take the shortest route

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
With the intel in that area you can not tell me they did not know what equipment they had and what range they can hit a target from, Its just all bullshit ,most Airlines decided not to take that Route, So obviously they were informed , Malaysian Airlines did not head the warnings. dickheads.

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
With the intel in that area you can not tell me they did not know what equipment they had and what range they can hit a target from, Its just all bullshit ,most Airlines decided not to take that Route, So obviously they were informed , Malaysian Airlines did not head the warnings. dickheads.
Actually Eddy, from what I heard (who knows if factual), most airlines were taking exactly that route. US based carriers had been restricted by our FAA as I understand.

I was trying to rationalize how any one would benefit from intentionally shooting an airliner down. Current US based speculation is that the Russian separatist had already shot down one or two combat cargo planes, and quite possibly this was another attempt at a cargo plane that went awry.

Who knows?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I know it was a plane, I was commenting on the "several thousand kilometers above" part. 35,000 ft is about 10 km. I was just giving you crap. :)

Just think, right now as you read this, some guy, somewhere is getting ready to bomb someone, shoot someone and cause more heartache for someone’s family.
Believe me, I know this all too well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts