MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great to read about Reo back at mid-ohio, I'll go next time with you guys!!

I just came back from 2 full track days with my 910R at Barber motorsport park in Alabama!

I am tired, sore and can't wait to do it all over again!!

Day one. I had signed up as a beginner just to be safe. First session out I was slightly edgy never being on the track and feeling out the other riders abilities. 20 minute sessions go very fast and was out again before I had time to rest. I watched one guy on a Gixxer crash right in front of me on cold tires. Kept going and gradually upped my pace.

4 sessions in the morning had me getting VERY comfortable with the track and the 910R. I was going pretty quick and blowing by everyone except the big Liter bikes on the straights.

At lunch time, one of the course runners found me and said that he and the other CR's noticed me. "The guy with the dirt bike handlebars" they called me and I was constantly asked "what kind of bike is that!?

He told me he wanted to bump me up to the intermediate group if I was interested! YES SIR!! He said the pace would be better suited and safer.

In the "I" group, things happened faster and better. You could actually start running with groups and it felt like you were actually in a race environment. The Brute proved very fast handled just great! I worked on my suspension settings and the new tire showed non of the funky wear patterns I had at Mid Ohio.

Braking from the Brembos was perfect. Lot's of hard braking and never a fade or complaint. Once, I felt the rear tire lift some! Nothing scary, just a testament to the great brakes on the "R".

Each session I got faster and faster. The Ti exhaust sounded just great at full song and the Brute just asked for more and more! I hammered the bike as hard as I could and it never missed a beat.

Pucker moment: Last session out I was running my hardest. After turn 2, the course goes down, then up and curves towards the straight. I was on the gas the hardest that session, and as I crested the hill, the back end stepped out on me and you could hear the engine race! I backed down and the bike settled right away and I continued on. Close, but what a RUSH!!

All in all, I put on 199.6 miles on the track for a total of 84 laps!
Bike wants more, I want more and can't wait to get out on the track again.

On Monday, I stayed to see the Museum at the track. Let me tell you, this museum is the best I have ever seen and I saw "The art of the Motorcycle" show at the Guggenheim in New York and in Las Vegas and this was better.

Over 700 bikes in settings that are perfect. The track and Museum are absolutely first class in every detail. I WILL be back.

That's all for now, I have to catch up in the group, sort through pictures and post some more.

A few teaser shots from the Museum!

Attachments

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Good, I'm glad you're back in one piece - now get to work on my bike!
seriously John I'm glad you had a blast - next time I'm coming too!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dumbcomputers said:
WHAT!!!! NO TRACK PICTURES :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Makes me excited just reading it.
here are a few, I have to sort through about 800 picts!

Attachments

·
Registered
756 Posts
Great report. Looking forward to more pics. :popcorn:

·
Registered
803 Posts
OH MY GOD :jsm: :wtf: :yo: :ahhh: :naughty: :drummer: :laughing: :yo: : :highclap: :flash:

That's my heaven.

·
Registered
304 Posts
John, You are the man!!!!!!

I am sooo ready to hit barber but can't drive up there by myself... so all you you CT guys, let's plan to rent out large trailer and GO!!!!

·
Registered
798 Posts
ks9mm said:
John, You are the man!!!!!!

I am sooo ready to hit barber but can't drive up there by myself... so all you you CT guys, let's plan to rent out large trailer and GO!!!!
I am planning to buy a 2 bike trailer this winter. Let's go!

·
Registered
522 Posts
john great report need more pics hope there is some of that bike on the track.i'm still learning how to drive on the road dam they'r fast

·
Registered
304 Posts
anucci said:
I am planning to buy a 2 bike trailer this winter. Let's go!

I have 2 bike trailer now, it's not enough!!! I like having my Brutale and R6 on the track..

I would buy a trailer long tome ago, but I have nowhere to store it...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks for the awesome post Airfuel!!
Great to see a Brutale on the track & sticking it to faired brigade :flickoff:

How bout a one make Brutale race series in Italy.......wouldn't that have onlookers gawking. :ahhh: :ahhh:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Wasn't there some european series for unfaired bikes? There were some cool looking bikes in it. I would have to think that the Brutale would be like bringing a gun to a knife fight though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts