MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now agree with the MVFAQ that the original Rubber Nuts on the Airbox are crap (#800094651).

Does anyone know if the WELLNUT brand fair any better. I have had WELLNUT brand on various (Jap + Euro) bikes over the years and have not known them to fail anywhere near like the MV part does. OEM type seem more brittle than WELLNUT brand.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Do you have a part number for the wellnut? The MV parts are good for one use. How could another brand possibly be worse?

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
I have gone through three of the stock ones and could also use the help of knowing where to get some replacements. i bought some from an MV shop and thought they were small enough, but apparently they are smaller than some of the more standard ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have to be M4x0.7mm. Not sure how big that is in Spans and Cubits :stickpoke

I'm gonna try contact:

Emhart Teknologies
Unit 2
178-180 Mount Dandenong Road
Ringwood East
Victoria 3135
Australia
Tel. 03 9870 1866
Fax 03 9870 9723
email: [email protected]

for a retail outlet in OZ

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Steptoe, had any luck with Emhart...I've had to replace one after it having the bike a week...and the bike shop wanted to slug me $10 for a new one :stickpoke ...anyway when repacing it, yes the other one died and while I hope get this or both now replaced by the bike shop I'm thinking of doing the other side and am looking for the alternatives.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No reply yet email wise. I think the phone number was wrong and can't find them in the phone book. If you have any luck let me know.

I wouldn't buy the OEM parts.

I can get an alternative brand thru my mates shop but not sure of the quality. WELLNUT appear to be a quality product.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Steptoe said:
No reply yet email wise. I think the phone number was wrong and can't find them in the phone book. If you have any luck let me know.

I wouldn't buy the OEM parts.

I can get an alternative brand thru my mates shop but not sure of the quality. WELLNUT appear to be a quality product.
Cheers. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts