MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the plastic/mesh airbox covers is loose on my 910R (left side). Didn't see anything in the manual - where are those tightened? I checked the old airbox mod threads but it wasn't clear from the pictures. Could it be tightened by removing the key guard? Or does it involve removing the tank? I'm sure it's relatively simple, but thought I would ask for help before any minor dismantling. Thx in advance :)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
They tighten from underneath with very small allen head screws.
You either have to take the tank off or have someone hold the tank up.

Ask Anucci also, he did it.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John...sounds like I'm going to have to overrule my wife and draft one of my daughters for brief motorycle duty tonight

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Be careful not to lift too high and stress the plastic fuel fittings. You should be able to lift up and then tilt back.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jack...I'm thinking if I can get a little daylight/space it should be easy. When I was checking it out earlier I noticed a very small screw that appeared to be underneath the airbox cover...but access is blocked by the frame. If that's not it...I'm sure it will be readily apparent when I lift the tank. Appreciate the help :)

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At least one is loose...toward front. It's those damn pipes...I'm so rev-happy everything's going to rattle off the bike :)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Charles, if you don't get it done tonight and can wait for the weekend, I would be happy to stop by and help.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jack...that's really helpful...definitely the front screw on the left side. Pictures are key. Tony, also appreciate your offer. I will give it a shot, but might take you up on that. I guess it's fairly clear that I don't know what I'm doing :laughing: , so, rather than damage the fuel lines/fittings I may bail if the operation doesn't go exactly as planned :shitfan:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
You shouldn't damage the fittings, you can take the tank almost all the way off before putting stress on the lines. You'll feel the lines binding, I just wanted to post a warning.

Let me know if you need some tips getting the tank off/loosened.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks...actually, I just needed to prop up the front of the tank to get to that first allen screw. It was key to have that picture...made for the surgical strike. I wasn't that keen on removing the tank or moving it too much. Thx again for the help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts