MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys does anyone own or has used an airbag jacket? It seems that this is the new hype in the industry ( I even saw an article on the newspaper a few days ago). How is it? Does it restrict movement at all? Do you think that this will make a real difference in biker safety? I personally believe that a good leather suit is sufficient protection (just my view), and that this airbag stuff is just a gimmick.:popcorn: Very interested to hear your views on the matter!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow!!!! How much did that cost you? Is it heavy? How is it connected??????

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
How is it connected??????
With a neck to my torso... It was sort of sitting there at birth, but has grown quite al lot since. It's not a pretty sight, so I tend to cover it up with a "helmet" when riding to spare innocent bystanders this terrible sight. Also, it prevents the spreading of different bits and pieces (a bit like shrapnel) after explosion. :lightning

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you satisfied with it though? Would you recommend it? btw I think it was said before, but I will repeat : STAY AWAY FROM THE CAFES MATE :)

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
With a neck to my torso... It was sort of sitting there at birth, but has grown quite al lot since. It's not a pretty sight, so I tend to cover it up with a "helmet" when riding to spare innocent bystanders this terrible sight. Also, it prevents the spreading of different bits and pieces (a bit like shrapnel) after explosion. :lightning
Oh I have seen those for sale I think they are called water heads. but dont quote me on that :naughty:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh I have seen those for sale I think they are called water heads. but dont quote me on that :naughty:
I am quite sure that you can replace that with a melon and still get the same effect!:smoking:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Lat time I checked it was in testing phase!! I would like to know what is the progress can be great as far as for riders safety.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now sing along: "Bloemen uit Nicosia..." :guitarist, and gently sway your head, da di da di da di di di di.....
mmm is this something about you sending flowers to Nicosia???? :stickpoke

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Turns out to have been "Mandolinen in Nicosia" :guitarist :guitarist :guitarist, by the Zangeres zonder naam ("Singer without a name")...

Oneof the worst songs I ever had the displeasure to hear, many, many years ago. Probably a butchered (if that's possible) version of a German schlager.

Nicosia (more than 20 years ago) was interesting though. Are that wall and the barricades still there? Hope not.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Never heard of the song, I can't even find it on youtube!!! Nicosia is still interesting, and yes, it is still the last divided capital in Europe!

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I did a tour of the (Greek Cyprian part) of the island in 88, and still remember a village near the Greek/Turkish border (Canadian UN troops vaguely visible) where supposedly every night a Greek Cypriot flag was put up on the hill and put down next day.

Interesting, but not the ideal way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts