MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the purpose of the small holes in the sides of the grey intake venturies are ?
I recall Noel (may he Rest In Peace) posting about epoxying them up to allow the use of a Unisyn to balance the throttle bodies. I’m thinking of doing the same and getting rid of all the vacuum hoses and potential leaks they potentially pose. The dopey charcoal canister is gone now , that’s another 400 mls of fuel I can carry.
Thanks

· Old Wing Nut
25,589 Posts
Small holes ??? You mean the spigots the hoses from the evap cannister were connected to?
Those hoses make a great place to connect a common manometer type synch gauges. Much easier to use than Noel's beloved unisynch.
Just put vacuum caps on them or plug the ends of the hose..

· Old Wing Nut
25,589 Posts
Ah yes.... that makes sense. I still find using the old Unisynch a pain. Much more work and difficulty then a tool that uses the vacuum spigots on the manifolds. Never under stood why The Knurl thought they were great.....for a car maybe, but not so much a bike.

· Registered
Tamburini, Corsacorta, Senna 750, 1000 S, 1000 R, F4 1078
325 Posts
My strong recommendation
One time a invest,
always a good help

Plant Communication Device Gadget Telephony Mobile device

· Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, the holes in the trumpets are the ones I meant. What’s their purpose in life ?
I might well just keep the shorter vacuum lines as you say it does make using my vacuum gauges an easy option. Still would like to know what the holes are for out of curiosity , seems that they would slow the passage of air through the trumpets if Bernoullis theorum is anything to go by

· Old Wing Nut
25,589 Posts
They are to allow any oil that collects in the air box from the crankcase breather an opportunity to be pulled through the intake and burned....or maybe water blowing getting inside while riding in a rain storm....at least that's a possibility.
Best reason I can come up with. Certainly not a tuning or power enhancement device.

· Premium Member
3,984 Posts
I wonder if they help ‘modulate’ air intake flow patterns especially during induction at high revs.

Maybe taping them off from the outside would trigger a result. I’m not doing it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts