MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike is a 2005 Brutale, persistent low rev small throttle misfire/splutter.

I have been chasing this down for ages, but it still chimes in when the bike warms up, fine when cold. Been through all the other stuff like plugs, coils, fuel filter, re-map of PCIII but it is still there.

Has anyone ever had an issue with the airflow sensor mounter on the Brutale airbox? If so what were the symptoms?

jimboF4

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Temp sensor sends an analogue signal to the ecu which signals fueling and ignition...I would look at this possibility meself..

If you want an airflow sensor and a temp sensor....let me know by pm and I'll send out to you to try..and see if you can narrow it down.

joe

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe,

AwAre of what the sensor does, just never heard of one failing on these bikes, is it common? And do they fail as in working one minute or broke period, or do they begin to fail say due to engine temp affecting airbox temp (above the engine on a Brute)?

I guess it's not too much hassle to whip the one off my 750, and fit to thr brute and see if that makes a difference.

jimboF4

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
They can "stick". It is a variable resistance and there is some mechanical components inside.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Thanks Joe,

AwAre of what the sensor does, just never heard of one failing on these bikes, is it common? And do they fail as in working one minute or broke period, or do they begin to fail say due to engine temp affecting airbox temp (above the engine on a Brute)?

I guess it's not too much hassle to whip the one off my 750, and fit to thr brute and see if that makes a difference.

jimboF4
Cheaper than taking it into a gold plated dealership ; )

joe

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,

Sounds like this could be the issue on the Brute.

I have a sensor on its way to me which will go in my ever increasing spares stock, in the meantime I am robbing the sensor off my 2001 750 and will see what happens.

Cheers
jimboF4

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hb88xx

That dyno run graph looks very much like the dip or stumble felt on the Brutale, it will be interesting to see if it is the problem when I get them swapped over. Just taken the one off my 750, it will be in the Brutale sometime today, fingers crossed all will be revealed.

jimboF4

1 - 9 of 9 Posts