MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06 Brutale 910 is new to me so everything that can be changed will be. When I ordered a BMC air filter , model FM360/19 was not shipped. The rectangular unit received is not the replacement. It needs to have lower tabs. With the bike disassembled I’m need help trying to find the filter in the states. Can anyone lead me to who may have one in stock?
The filter from the factory has completely dissolved, so there is no filtering . See the photo. I can’t believe someone would let this happen. The top unit came out of the bike. The lower filter was the incorrect one.I’m told a common mistake.
bobL

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,190 Posts

·
Old Wing Nut
23,992 Posts
@BobML You got the filter for the later Brutale with 5SM ECU. Yours has ECU on top of airbox (2005/6).
You can probably find a buyer for that one if you can't return it.

Alex at GP Racing can likely help you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@BobML You got the filter for the later Brutale with 5SM ECU. Yours has ECU on top of airbox (2005/6).
You can probably find a buyer for that one if you can't return it.

Alex at GP Racing can likely help you.

Thanks for all the reply’s. The supplier of the rectangle filter accepted returns without issues. So it went back. Several eBay vendor posted they had the correct filter until I contacted them to verify inventory. No one really had one. Bellisso had it and it’s do here on Saturday.
I have cleaned the air box out. Carb cleaner the intake stacks,Jelly on the gaskets. Change the ecu chip out. All went well. But there was a crack on one black plastic intake cover. Taking it off the gas tank only to find how bad it was repaired. So I ordered CF replacement from the fabricator in Germany.I hope I don’t get the carbon fiber fever. I greased all available electric connections. Steel brush all metal to metal connections. Oiled throttle cables.
the one thing I’m not sure if I’ll do is disconnect one Throttle body spring. Not to have a Popeye would be smoother. Hopefully the new chip makes some difference in this area. And the engine temperature too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts