MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, got my new MV TV Lusso yesterday from Houston Superbikes, the one I've been waiting and waiting on, finally the day has arrived!
So, my first project was to make riding it bearable in the Houston summer which has already arrived somehow. I had made a plan to use a portable cool shirt system which is from one of my race cars. The photos show the process. I drilled two holes in the left panniere and ran two hose connections through it, they stay mounted permanently. One end of the hoses connect to the ice water filled CoolShirt bag when it's filled and locked up inside the panniere. When I'm seated on the bike with my CoolShirt on under my jacket I just connect the hoses and the ice water is on me instantly. I rode about three hours out in the country today in 90F heat and it was wonderful, the bike I mean, the air conditioning was pretty cool, too!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
True though an electrically heated vest is a simpler option that leaves the panniers vacant for other purposes and free of holes.

I have perforated leathers and boots for the odd occasion that we get a decent amount of sun or when touring in the hotter parts of Europe (no doubt nothing like Texas temperature-wise).

·
Registered
839 Posts
I suppose the opposite would work, fill it with hot water for those cold June afternoons in "Ol' Blighty"
Same as Chas : electric equipment seems much more suitable for this especially considering the two DIN outlet available exactly at perfect position for both pilot and passenger.

·
Registered
839 Posts
One thing I would eventually consider is to equip the luggage with a powered DIN outlet to be able to charge something while riding... Although, it should be fairly easier and less destructive to do this within a tankbag

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
One thing I would eventually consider is to equip the luggage with a powered DIN outlet to be able to charge something while riding... Although, it should be fairly easier and less destructive to do this within a tankbag
I agree. I have a small Givi tank bag that has a cable entry point (you can buy a specific power kit for the bag). I pass a USB though this to charge my phone, which is in there whilst I ride anyway, if I need to. This cable obviously plugs into one of the USB ports below the dash.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I agree. I have a small Givi tank bag that has a cable entry point (you can buy a specific power kit for the bag). I pass a USB though this to charge my phone, which is in there whilst I ride anyway, if I need to. This cable obviously plugs into one of the USB ports below the dash.
Agree (Givi tankbag as well with a cable for this purpose)

However, there is one use case where powered luggage could be helpful : to charge our helmet Bluetooth headsets (it would require a timed battery output of 3 hours on 5V/2A). I found out that my powerbank which works perfectly to charge a phone doesn't work to charge my Sena 10U (I'm still skeptical as of why), and maybe a possibility to have a USB charger working in the luggage (when bike is not running and with a timed switch) would help in this.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I found out that my powerbank which works perfectly to charge a phone doesn't work to charge my Sena 10U (I'm still skeptical as of why)
Possibly you have the wrong powerbank :grin2:

:frown2: Spoke too soon, stops charging after about 20 minutes. Possibly draw is too little so the powerbank shuts down? Remove and plug back in and it starts again but soon stops...

·
Registered
839 Posts

:frown2: Spoke too soon, stops charging after about 20 minutes. Possibly draw is too little so the powerbank shuts down? Remove and plug back in and it starts again but soon stops...
Exactly the same here :grin2:, and exactly the same thinking :-D. My problem is that generally, when it's time to charge the Sena on the week-ends I ride with friends, there is a conjunction of events that doesn't help:
- lack of wall socket (thanks the USB ports on the MV solves a lot of this problem while riding - The Sena is still a problem)
- generally during dinner or night, my attention is somewhere else and I won't check the charge is happening. That's a way having the Sena very lightly charged in the morning.

In short, need to find a proper solution for this.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey about that Sena 10U

Guys I'm trying to find the right headset to use with this bike I have several Bluetooth ones some of which sync to it immediately and others which don't sync at all. Are you able to use the Sena headset and listen to music using the Bluetooth hub on the bike and still being able to control your iPhone with the thumb button on the bike?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Guys I'm trying to find the right headset to use with this bike I have several Bluetooth ones some of which sync to it immediately and others which don't sync at all. Are you able to use the Sena headset and listen to music using the Bluetooth hub on the bike and still being able to control your iPhone with the thumb button on the bike?
Yes. I'm able to do this.
Sena connected as Hearset on TV Dashboard
Phone connected as phone on TV Dashboard
GPS connected as GPS on TV Dashboard

I can command music from the handlebar, and the sound goes thru the MV Dashboard to the Sena Headset. The GPS instruction are passed thru as well with priority over music.

I guess this answer.

One thing. Each time I do stop the bike, and turn the key off, to get the Sena conneting again, I switch it off and switch it on just before turning the key on. Music in this case doesn't resume by itself, but I can still command it from the handlebar, as long as I did not exited my music application on the phone (I do not use the native one).

Hope this clarifies.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Sorry if we're straying off topic, but:

Does the Sena 10U even charge for longer than 20min? In my experience it charges really quickly from plugged in USB charger or powerbank??

My Sena 10U has charged normally with my powerbanks, at least the Fujitech 2600mAh I have works fine and the other was even more powerful (for my trip I borrowed a second, 3400mAh IIRC). AFAIK that is: now that I think about it I didn't need to charge the Sena very often on the road, I mostly charged my Sena remote, mobile phone and GoPro.

When I bought the Sena they told me that it needs a powerful charger, if it is weak the Sena might not accept a charge for some reason. They said if I use a laptop USB port or something it might not charge the Sena.

I was going to install a USB port on my bike, but after a several week long trip I noticed that at least for my use all I need is a few powerbanks. Each night I can charge all the equipment up and the powerbanks with my 5-USB port socket charger. The powerbanks are fast enough to charge up my phone (which I use for nav and sometimes music) and GoPro within the time I'd normally stop for anyway. Usually no need to charge the Sena headset or remote as they have such a long life, maybe plug them in for a few minutes which is enough for the rest of the trip or at least to the next stop.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Sorry if we're straying off topic, but:

Does the Sena 10U even charge for longer than 20min? In my experience it charges really quickly from plugged in USB charger or powerbank??

My Sena 10U has charged normally with my powerbanks, at least the Fujitech 2600mAh I have works fine and the other was even more powerful (for my trip I borrowed a second, 3400mAh IIRC). AFAIK that is: now that I think about it I didn't need to charge the Sena very often on the road, I mostly charged my Sena remote, mobile phone and GoPro.

When I bought the Sena they told me that it needs a powerful charger, if it is weak the Sena might not accept a charge for some reason. They said if I use a laptop USB port or something it might not charge the Sena.

I was going to install a USB port on my bike, but after a several week long trip I noticed that at least for my use all I need is a few powerbanks. Each night I can charge all the equipment up and the powerbanks with my 5-USB port socket charger. The powerbanks are fast enough to charge up my phone (which I use for nav and sometimes music) and GoPro within the time I'd normally stop for anyway. Usually no need to charge the Sena headset or remote as they have such a long life, maybe plug them in for a few minutes which is enough for the rest of the trip or at least to the next stop.
I'm using a wall charger with multi-port and able to deliver 2 Amps on each of the ports. It takes about 3 hours to fully charge the Sena 10U from depleted battery. I suspect (but i'm not able to check that) it consumes far less than 0,5 Amp during the charge. When I plug it on my Anker power bank, the charge last about 10 to 20 minutes and not more. But I'm almost sure it's not fully charged, as when I plug it to the wall charger, it will charge for a while again after the 20 minutes with the powerbank (and it goes again for 20 minutes if you replug it on the powerbank)... Since I noticed that, my regular way is now to have a charger with at least 4 or 6 ports and I generally find one socket available on the wall to charge my phone and my Sena 10U. I let the other USB ports available for my friends (just in case, so that is removing for them the need to unplug the charger from the wall to replace it by theirs). And for the tablet (used to consult maps in case of need) and the second phone that provides music during the trip, they are charging with the 2 USB sockets available under the TV clocks...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm using a wall charger with multi-port and able to deliver 2 Amps on each of the ports. It takes about 3 hours to fully charge the Sena 10U from depleted battery. I suspect (but i'm not able to check that) it consumes far less than 0,5 Amp during the charge. When I plug it on my Anker power bank, the charge last about 10 to 20 minutes and not more. But I'm almost sure it's not fully charged, as when I plug it to the wall charger, it will charge for a while again after the 20 minutes with the powerbank (and it goes again for 20 minutes if you replug it on the powerbank)... Since I noticed that, my regular way is now to have a charger with at least 4 or 6 ports and I generally find one socket available on the wall to charge my phone and my Sena 10U. I let the other USB ports available for my friends (just in case, so that is removing for them the need to unplug the charger from the wall to replace it by theirs). And for the tablet (used to consult maps in case of need) and the second phone that provides music during the trip, they are charging with the 2 USB sockets available under the TV clocks...
My wall charger is 4 Amps (to 3 of the 5 ports). I don't know, I've just never been in trouble with the charge as the Sena seems to have enough life for almost a whole day of riding anyway (though I don't have heavy intercom use, so that may be different to others), but above all a short charge with the power bank during a normal approx 15min break has meant that it's golden for the rest of the day.

Have you ever run out of power in the Sena after charging it with a powerbank in the middle of a ride?

·
Registered
839 Posts
My wall charger is 4 Amps (to 3 of the 5 ports). I don't know, I've just never been in trouble with the charge as the Sena seems to have enough life for almost a whole day of riding anyway (though I don't have heavy intercom use, so that may be different to others), but above all a short charge with the power bank during a normal approx 15min break has meant that it's golden for the rest of the day.

Have you ever run out of power in the Sena after charging it with a powerbank in the middle of a ride?
I stream music via Bluetooth, and yes, it happened to me during the second day of a week-end. And generally, a riding day is quite intensive in my case (very often above 8 hours riding). And I noticed the powerbank charging stop in the evening of that day. Since then, I use the wall charger.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts