MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just picked up my helmet. I'm impresed with the weight ...I'll use it tomorrow, and let you know my opinion.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have 2x rx-7s and 2 gp techs.

the AGVs are a bitch to get on due to the short strap length and the male strap length being too short. it bends my ears down when putting it on too and nearly rips them off when taking it off. did i mention the shield changing way sux compared to arai.

with your head down the agv obstructs your vision when looking up compared to the arai.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I have 3 RX-7's end 2 TiTech's.

it bends my ears down when putting it on too and nearly rips them off when taking it off.
That's due to headshape. The AGV's are a bit narrower and longer, and the shell "opening" is narrower.

with your head down the agv obstructs your vision when looking up compared to the arai.
In my experience it's just the other way around. Only judge this when the helmet is in the most comfortable position on your head. Again, headshape.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
So the AGV fits better if you are an egghead?
Yes, if the AGV fits you well, it's final and irrefutable proof you're an egghead. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My head falls between the RX-7 shape and the AGV shape...horse shape actually

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AGV GP TECH, is a lot lighter, it doesn't obstruct my vision when down, and fits me better. First time I wear other than Arai in 20 years. Hope the good quality is there. Time will tell. As for customer service, I think Arai is better, so far. I sent few emails to AGV U.S., and also AGV Europe, and nobody responded to me at all. It seems like nobody cares. (not the case with Arai) they always get back to me. I decided to go to Cyclegear, and order it from them, and 4 days later, was in the store to pick it up.

·
Registered
735 Posts
the AGV is .2 lbs lighter. It is more of a race fit for sure and seems a little more plush.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts