MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this video which compare all exhausts for Agusta F4

Very helpful if you are thinking which exhausts to upgrade and find the best sound you like.

You can click on the video for all exhausts timestamps & links

Which exhaust you liked the most?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Glad that is not my bike they are doing that to. I liked the stock and the termi.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Termi for me

·
Premium Member
1,694 Posts
1. Bodis
2. Termi
3. Arrow

Trash the rest, but then again microphones record sound waves differently. The scope didn’t mean much.

·
Registered
404 Posts
They all sound shite to me and nothing like the real thing. If you are going to produce 'test' like this, at least use decent equipment and a Db meter.

IRL, I have heard most of those and my preferred sound is the Bodis (with no baffles and no cat) but that is very very loud and borderline obnoxious. (This is what I have :) )

Very close second is the SC and Termi ... both only really losing out as I think an F4 should have organ pipes.

Reactions: mitchy

·
Premium Member
1,694 Posts
Warning
Do not use this video to determine which exhaust type or brand. It’s a fools game and that guy provides a disservice. Clowns usually do.

·
Super Moderator
22,860 Posts
Well, for all of you "SPECIAL" people who "upgrade" your exhaust for "sound" alone, yup, this is the DEFINITIVE video for you.

Reactions: Edward and esq'z me

·
Registered
404 Posts
Well, for all of you "SPECIAL" people who "upgrade" your exhaust for "sound" alone, yup, this is the DEFINITIVE video for you.
For the majority of modern bikes, sound is really the only tangible upgrade.

A couple of extra bhp and a few kgs saved is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things .... and IMO not noticeable to anyone outside a paddock.

·
Super Moderator
22,860 Posts
In your humble opinion ....
But, of course! There's nothing I like better than my across the street neighbor coming in at 10 o'clock at night with the screaming exhaust on his KAWISUCKIDA!
I do wish there was so much more of that in the world. It is exactly what we need.:unsure:

·
Administrator
20,771 Posts
In your humble opinion ....
Loud Pipes Cost Rights ....... when your local government representative is annoyed by your obnoxiously loud motorcycle the laws will be introduced to remove your rights to modify your bike at all.

·
Registered
404 Posts
But, of course! There's nothing I like better than my across the street neighbor coming in at 10 o'clock at night with the screaming exhaust on his KAWISUCKIDA!
I do wish there was so much more of that in the world. It is exactly what we need.:unsure:
[/Flippant reply] 10 o'clock is hardly late .... get a life grandad :) [end]

And even though I have no doubt annoyed you and closed you off to rationale argument, here's my considered response all the same :)

I agree that some people and some bikes are anti-social ... but that's just life. Some people are arseholes and others are not. A loud pipe has saved my life on ore than one occasion and I make no apologies about fitting one .....and will continue to do so.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Loud Pipes Cost Rights ....... when your local government representative is annoyed by your obnoxiously loud motorcycle the laws will be introduced to remove your rights to modify your bike at all.
Bollox and double bollox.

The supposed hatred of loud exhausts is restricted to sports bikes as everyone wants a cross section of people to hate. Whereas most people seem quite happy to whoop and holler at a Harley with open pipes or a muscle car with a straight through 3 inch exhaust.

Loud exhausts have been around for many many years (50+ using the muscle car example and longer for Harleys) and what real rights have you lost? None!

I feel genuinely sorry for anyone who gets upset by this .... there are far more important things to worry about in life ;)

·
Super Moderator
22,860 Posts
[/Flippant reply] 10 o'clock is hardly late .... get a life grandad :) [end]

And even though I have no doubt annoyed you and closed you off to rationale argument, here's my considered response all the same :)

I agree that some people and some bikes are anti-social ... but that's just life. Some people are arseholes and others are not. A loud pipe has saved my life on ore than one occasion and I make no apologies about fitting one .....and will continue to do so.
Bollox and double bollox.

The supposed hatred of loud exhausts is restricted to sports bikes as everyone wants a cross section of people to hate. Whereas most people seem quite happy to whoop and holler at a Harley with open pipes or a muscle car with a straight through 3 inch exhaust.

Loud exhausts have been around for many many years (50+ using the muscle car example and longer for Harleys) and what real rights have you lost? None!

I feel genuinely sorry for anyone who gets upset by this .... there are far more important things to worry about in life ;)

Not a physics major, I see.

As for those who get upset: That will be the population that makes it illegal and then impossible to change anything on a factory stock bike. You will not be able to pass your MOT without breaking the law (which you probably do anyway by putting stock signals, lights, and pipes back on for MOT).

You can see this trend already in our Mvs. The bike started with a multi-piece exhaust system whereby you could easily remove the catalyst. Now that is a one piece welded system.

The argument that "other people do it" is a stellar one.

·
Administrator
20,771 Posts
Loud Harleys are the primary protagonists...not sport bikes.
This is the reason some gated communities in this country have banned motorcycles...any motorcycle. You have to turn it off at the community gate and push it to your home if you don't want to leave it parked at the gate.

As for the saving lives...the driver does not hear you coming until you are passing him (her). I have personally tested this theory many times in my travels. That argument is BS.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts