MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all... since October 2009 I've been the fortunate owner of the F4 1078 RR 312 that Agostini used in the 2009 Isle of Man TT Dainese Parade Lap with Valentino Rossi...

It's a fairly long and boring story how I got the bike but it was run in especially for Ago and Rossi to do the lap and then used by Phil Read Jr. on a magazine test before i got it with 900 miles on it..

I'm thinking of selling and would prefer it to go to a good home than someone who doesn't appreciate the significance...

It's currently got around 4.5k miles on and has not been modified at all since Ago rode it. The only change has been the tyres as they were a test failure and the red sticky tape off the headlight! It doesn't get out much as i didnt want to ruin it and has been in dry storage for the last 3 years.
Wheel Tire Helmet Photograph Vehicle

I have many photos of the bike with Ago on board... I have a certificate from MV Agusta UK detailing the event and serial numbers etc...

I was looking maybe to sell to a collector or Agostini / TT enthusiast and wanted to try here first.

DM me if you are wanting to talk?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wow, such a neat story and piece of history. Good luck with the sale, and I hope someone here buys it. I know there are many on this forum who will truly appreciate what this is.

John

·
Registered
F4 1000 S, F4 1000 R, F4 1078, 750 Senna, Tamburini, Tamburini, Corsacorta
171 Posts
You have a PM

·
Super Moderator
7,593 Posts
To be fair to everyone who would have an interest in more information about this MV or purchasing it, it would be appreciated if you tick a few boxes that membership to this forum requires.

Even though your first post is, by most standards, impressive and it will stir some genuine interest, it is polite to head over to the introductions section of the forum and take some time to introduce yourself.

Secondly, you have stated that you are thinking about selling this MV.
That does not meet the criteria of offering the bike for sale.
I say this because, if you do decide to sell the bike on this forum there are some additional requirements to be fair to all who may have an interest:
This MV will need to be listed in the section dedicated to MV Agusta motorcycles and parts.
You will need to include a price.

Pictures are optional but I'm sure that many of us would like some more detailed, static shots.

Lastly, welcome to the forum.
I feel you have come to the right place if you choose to offer this MV for sale.

·
Old Wing Nut
24,309 Posts
Welcome to the family !! And now, please follow The_castle's advice on introduction.
You could tell us where you are within the UK?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts