MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

I am going to the AMA Vintage Days for MV event and they have a autograph session for Noon Saturday with Ago.

I was thinking of taking off my side panels/that cover up the gas tank area. Not the side cowls that cover the engine and getting them signed by Ago.

Any recommendations on exactly what I should do. I have talked to several body/paint shops and they say don't use a sharpie they wont be able to clear coat over them especially silver sharpie color.

I know this has been suggested before but I have a 2002 model and they seem to have a ton of clear coat on these earlier models compared to todays. The paint shop advised to scuff it up a little with some 200 grit sand paper :jsm: so the signature would stick.

Not sure what to do.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I've seen people put theirs on Ebay for sale after the disaster of trying to clear coating it.
I saw some one removing their tacho screen and have it signed. I thought that was a classy move...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kamranmarashi said:
I've seen people put theirs on Ebay for sale after the disaster of trying to clear coating it.
I saw some one removing their tacho screen and have it signed. I thought that was a classy move...
That is exactly why I am making 100% sure I don't F*&K it up. That is also why I am using a very small piece for the bike. I was going to do the tail section below my EVO II decal. But no way I am chancing that.

I finally found a motorcycle painter in Indianapolis. He highly advised I use a Pigma Micron Ink Paint Pen.

He has used it thousands of times with this type of application and says it has never run or bled during clear coat applications.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts