MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought id share a new addition to my bike. Side piece signed by Ago. Almost sharted myself waiting for the clear coat to dry.....i was really really really scared that the marker was going to bleed. Luckily it did not. Thanks to AirFuel for getting the piece signed while out in Mid-Ohio Last week :yo:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry to be a no0b, but who is this Ago guy?
I looked in the Histroy section of this site and didn't find anything.

I saw that a guy from Minnesota with an F4 750 also had his signature on the tail of his bike.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
MikeyB09 said:

I saw that a guy from Minnesota with an F4 750 also had his signature on the tail of his bike.
Welcome MikeyB09-

Mr. Agostini is the highly-esteemed MV Agusta racing rider from the glory days of MV's successful past racing days. He's a literal living legend amongst those of us who love this hallowed marque.

"Ago" was at the VMD at Mid-Ohio last weekend, where MV was featured. He even did hot laps on one of the old race bikes on display there.

Other members can fill in more details and refer you to more in-depth information on the man and his career, if you are interested.

Glad to have you (and the Gixxer) here.

-WYD OPN

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
MikeyB09 said:

You gotta be kidding.... Yes :eek:

·
Registered
301 Posts
:jsm:
Hence the MV Ago 1000 special edition..... named after the great MV rider/hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I noticed that there was a bike named after him and I knew that asking this would get me a little flames. I figured I'd get my one free stupid question out of the way early.

The most winning motorcycle road racer in the history. Wow, that's quite impressive. How long do you guys think until Rossi takes that title? Assuming Yamaha gets it's act back together.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Rossi will not be able to take that title, I think.

I don't have all the stats now, but I remember seeing it a few month ago thinking that it will be impossible... not only in #s of wins, but in the different types of races...

BTW, don't feel bad about not knowing Agostini, you are new to this.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Squints: Where did your old man get that ball?
Smalls: I don't know. Some lady gave it to him. She even signed her name on it... Ruth. Baby Ruth.
All: BABE RUTH?
Smalls: I was gonna put the ball back.
Squints: But it was signed by Babe Ruth!
Smalls: Yeah, you keep telling me that! Who is she?
Ham Porter: WHAT? WHAT?
Kenny: The sultan of swat!
Bertram: The king of crash!
Timmy: The colossus of clout!
Tommy: The colossus of clout!
All: BABE RUTH!
Ham Porter: THE GREAT BAMBINO!
Smalls: Oh my god! You mean that's the same guy?

=)

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Hmmm, had an agostini signature on my helmet, but now it's gone...

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Rossi already beat Ago in number of podiums. likewise, Honda has surpassed MV Agusta in winningest sportbike company in an elite series... The only thing Rossi HASN'T done, is his consecutive Elite Series championships. And this year, it doesn't look like he's gonna get to tie it.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Funny thing is I just deleted the bookmark comparing the two today....doh!

Lemme see what I can dig up!

Without going all out and just doing some quick searches...here's what I found.

http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~Rossi-vs--Agostini-~cid~6~id~112641.htm

And intresting figure from the link following:

* With 77 podiums from the same number of starts, Rossi's career podium ratio of 82.7% is the best in MotoGP and 500cc history.
http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=201803&FS=MOTOGP

I remember reading somewhere though specifically stating he ahd more podiums that Ago. Thing is, Ago NEVER had a 3rd place podium, he was ALWAYS 1st or 2nd....so Rossi has those 3rd place podiums, that Ago doesn't. Ago the better rider? Sure, it shows it was either a close race or he was having a shit day....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts