·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Brian its true the photo must be from 1973.
Ago rode the Yamaha in 1974 and Bonera was than Read's team mate at MV.
But thank You for posting the photo which I haven't seen before.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I thought it was a great shot Ralf.. lovely 'atmosphere' with it,glad you liked it. Never seen it before myself.
Ago and Read look so young don't they?...,and yes it cannot be 1974..,must be 73.
Brian

·
Registered
27 Posts
First race meeting for me was the Race of the Year at Mallory Park in 1974, Phil Read and Bonera were on the MV`s, Ago and Kenny Roberts were on the Yamaha`s
The Race was won by Sheene on the Suzuki
Seem the remember Ago being back on the MV in 1976 (late meeting at Brands on a 350?) and then he was entered in the British Grand Prix at Silverstone in 1977 aboard a 500cc Yamaha, the first mainland GP after the Isle of Man was dropped from the world championships

·
Registered
27 Posts
Very nice pics Brian, but I think the Pons picture refers to Patrick Pons the French rider aboard the Sonauto Yamaha, Sonauto being the French Yamaha importers, Sito Pons the Spanish rider campaigned in the Grand Prix`s between `81 and `91

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Very nice pics Brian, but I think the Pons picture refers to Patrick Pons the French rider aboard the Sonauto Yamaha, Sonauto being the French Yamaha importers, Sito Pons the Spanish rider campaigned in the Grand Prix`s between `81 and `91
Quite right!...,my mistake.,sorry for any confusion (fixed now)
Brian:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice one, Excellent thread by the way, Interesting that in 1976 Agostini rode an MV in the 350cc class and a Yamaha in the 500cc class

·
Registered
247 Posts
I was at Brands at the meeting the photo was taken. The thing that stuck in my mind from that meeting was Helmut Faths URS sidecar outfit. Can't remember who was using it don't think it was Fath. It was unbelievably loud. It was a4 cylinder engine designed by Fath that revved to 15000 rpm awesome sound

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Nice one, Excellent thread by the way, Interesting that in 1976 Agostini rode an MV in the 350cc class and a Yamaha in the 500cc class
Besides a Yamaha he rode also Suzuki and MV Agusta in the 500cc class in 1976.
Not to forget that he scored the last MV Agusta victories in this Year.
Assen Dutch TT, the win in the 350cc class and the final 500 Win at the Nuerburgring.
Mino's effort in 1976 was privaltly and not factory backed.
Altough rumours spead that the privat MV Agusta effort in 1976 would have led to the return of MV Agusta with the 500cc boxer in 1977.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
Brian;
definitely '73 Ago's last full year on the MV, last year Bazza didn't use "#7"

thanks for the pictures :drummer:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts