MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooo.... at the local "cafe" race spot (gas station these days :stickpoke) and we notice a sweet smell.... [email protected] could that be ...um coolant?

perhaps yes? have some!

well we look down, and there is a formidable puddle of engine ICE on the ground (hoo-ray, sarcasm)

so after the intial "shi! fu*&" my chaps were like "oi mate! ya betta get a move on, get on the quick" (welsh people) anyway....

so I get home (with no over heating, ha....what red lights?) and there is a nice chunk, crack and all...in the main hose (left side).

So I order the SAMCO kit, so I never have to deal with this again.

It gets bloody hot in Hawaii, and my engine has run at temps most would cringe. the weather has taken its toll after only 5k miles..

A HARD 5k miles, but yes.

Another upgrade to the MV, out of tragedy, not necessarly necessity.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
The joys of owning an Italian motorcycle!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
If your car did it you would be bloody furious!!

We all should ship our bikes back to the factory if there is any malfunction under 100 000k's or 60 000miles!

Then we might see better quality control!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I love the bitch enough to buy the RR when it comes here in 2 months but it still amazes me as to what we the owners have to endure during our ownership of these good looking Italian bitches!!!

Tomorrow I'm doing a 250+ k trip up the East coast of Tassie - hopefully I will have an uneventful ride!

Last time up that coast I had the dreaded radiator issue!!

Fixed with epoxy metal goo!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Soooo.... at the local "cafe" race spot (gas station these days :stickpoke) and we notice a sweet smell.... [email protected] could that be ...um coolant?

perhaps yes? have some!

well we look down, and there is a formidable puddle of engine ICE on the ground (hoo-ray, sarcasm)

so after the intial "shi! fu*&" my chaps were like "oi mate! ya betta get a move on, get on the quick" (welsh people) anyway....

so I get home (with no over heating, ha....what red lights?) and there is a nice chunk, crack and all...in the main hose (left side).

So I order the SAMCO kit, so I never have to deal with this again.

It gets bloody hot in Hawaii, and my engine has run at temps most would cringe. the weather has taken its toll after only 5k miles..

A HARD 5k miles, but yes.

Another upgrade to the MV, out of tragedy, not necessarly necessity.

That's really not anything...just a hose.
Mine blew up after 12k........

Consider yourself lucky so far :laughing:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts