MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Aftermarket turn signals within brake light?

Does anyone know if there is an electrical box or switching tool that transfers the turn signal to the LED's in the break light?

Hopefully I'm explaining myself right. Is there a way to switch the turn signal feature to the break light, therefore not needing the lower yellow LED?

Thanks
Robb

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
I think I know what you mean Rob, you're looking for something or a way to turn the upper tail lights in to a indicator/brake light combination ?
I have not seen any yet, I have a feeling it would be hard to do afterwards, I'm thinking it will need the complete light replacement.

·
Super Moderator
22,708 Posts
There should be aftermarket replacement tail lights for this purpose.
Check your local laws though.
FWIW, I am not a fan as it reduces the visibility of your intentions.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
FWIW, I am not a fan as it reduces the visibility of your intentions.
In general I agree with you on this Chuck, but to me those indicators on the Rivale is situated very low, I recon in city traffic many a car driver will not even see them down there.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I'm sure someone will come out with something integrated, they do for most other bikes but they won't be cheap as their so big and there's two of them.
As said though, they are illegal certainly here in the UK, as law states the brake light function cannot be impeded by another light, ie indicators, I think also the indicators have to be a certain distance apart, or something like that?

I do agree that they do look like an afterthought stuck down there on the mudguard though an would have been far better integrated into the rear lights some how?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got rid of the fugly tag holder as well and fabed up an undertail setup. I kept the plate light and did not install the blinkers only because I wanted to keep it clean...

I tried to start a thread to post what i did but the board is not letting me post a thread keeps saying to use more words ROFL!!!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,708 Posts
Snow, you need to switch your Internet Explorer to Compatibility Mode....or switch to another browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox.

·
Registered
14,620 Posts
LEDs

Robb;
check with Clear Alternatives they make integrated tail light/indicators for F4/B4 bikes

check your vehicle regs.....here in California the indicators are supposed to be 9" apart.......the few times cops have followed me....I just went right left, right left and the went away

:popcorn:

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Turn signal lights are not required on motorcycles in Tennessee. :f4:

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I grew up using hand signals on peddle bikes, and though I DO use the turn signal lights on my motorcycles, I often combine them with hand signals for added visibility, since it's an old habit. I have a friend who has 8-9 motorcycles who takes turn signal lights off all of his bikes. He strictly uses hand signals.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Snow, you need to switch your Internet Explorer to Compatibility Mode....or switch to another browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox.

much thanks my friend that did it...

Turn signal lights are not required on motorcycles in Tennessee. :f4:
Same here in FLA no blinkers required. I would be all over a set of integrated blinkers for the bike, not that I use them on the road but just a nice to have...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the suggestions on here guys. I did check my local state here in MN, and there are no laws where you need to have a separate light assembly for both the brake and turn signals. Many Harleys have the old school round lights work as both. I saw a link where a guy just combined the signal wires to the brake light assembly and it worked on an older F3. Not sure if the electrical is the same on the Rivale. On my R1 they made a separate LED light which I bought but the price on replacing those nice stock LED's may not be cheap. If I find that link I will post on what he did to integrate the lights. I agree with what others said, in the sun drivers have a hard time seeing the yellow lower riding lights. At night, it's noticeable of course.

Robb

·
Registered
37 Posts
much thanks my friend that did it...

Same here in FLA no blinkers required. I would be all over a set of integrated blinkers for the bike, not that I use them on the road but just a nice to have...
Sorry to drag up an old thread but can you post pics of your fabbed up plate bracket please?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Just "FYI" (Cali members) it is the law that the "blinkers" must be 12" / or 38cm apart. A good friend of mine got a ticket from a motor cop that a copy of the law regarding that in his side bag. -Davis

1 - 16 of 16 Posts