MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would like to know if anyone has compared different shift levers for any of the four cylinder bikes(assuming all the trans spline size/teeth are the same) to various aftermarket levers - even(especially) if they are for other makes and models.

Reason being: options are limited and I refuse to pay $400 for the pair from that "fancy" brand.

I went with lightech rearsets for my '13 F4 and they are the "shift rod" assembly style. Never really liked this style of setup and considering going back to the direct spline-on shift lever and buying a set on bonamici rearsets.

Plus there is that slim chance in hell that I will be able to get my factory QS to work again with the factory style setup.

So yeah - anyone know the teeth count and diameter of the spline the shifter slides over? And is it a universal sizing of tool and dye for this kind of motorcycle part?? I would love to be able to compare a lot of Ducati, supermotard, hondayamski, etc aftermarket parts bin. Same goes for the brake lever. Specifically looking for a beefy cnc'd piece - no flimsy cast pieces.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
?

Can't you count the splines and measure the diameter?????

I mean really ......I can go do it, why don't you?????

:wink2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for awaking the dead (post), but what did you end up doing for your shift and rear brake levers? I really want to get some aftermarket spline drive levers for my F4, but all I can find are the motocorse ones for £300 :|

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't you count the splines and measure the diameter?????

I mean really ......I can go do it, why don't you?????

Sorry for awaking the dead (post), but what did you end up doing for your shift and rear brake levers? I really want to get some aftermarket spline drive levers for my F4, but all I can find are the motocorse ones for £300

What I had really meant to say, in much fewer words is: what makes the spline design unique - or is it maybe universal to other makes and models?

I never made any changes. Still using the Lightech rearsets.. will end up researching the proper aftermarket quickshiter to use with the ECU studio flash software and then determine to stick with the linkage based rearsets vs the direct foot levers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts