MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I am in! I put down a deposit for the F4 1000 Senna yesterday morning, the bike is expected to be produced in March/April and delivered in the summer... I can't wait.

I was wondering if you guys had experience swith aftermarket rearset? I was also wondering if there are round footpegs with corse checkering available for the OEM rearset? I am planning to also convert it to GP shift pattern.

At the moment nobody seems to know for sure if the Senna comes with a performance exhaust, and if it is just a slip on or a complete system. Who makes after market exhaust for the F4 1000? I know MV has their own complete system but it is expensive as hell... is there a aftermarket system that performs as well or better than the MV performance Ti exhaust system?

Thanks

odonata

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Congrats!!!! Do they know the MSRP yet? Beautiful, beautiful bike. I'm still trying to find the coin for an original some day, the new one is even better!

I have Sato rearsets on my bikes. They are good, but the shifter introduces a linkage rode in order to go GP shift. Admittedly the linkage rod isn't the cleanest way to go, but they do work very well. The Satos use the stock brrake lever.

It is possible to replace the shift mechanism in the transmission to reverse shift. Then you could get a clean set of just rearsets and retain the stock shift and brake levers. That's the cleanest, but perhaps the most expensive.

You'll find a wealth of information in the MV FAQ including a list of aftermarket suppliers.
http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
What a bike, how can you stand the waiting???

The Senna / Mamba is my dream... would be interested in you comments on the exhaust, is it the RG3's rears you are thinking should be stock on the Senna? :)

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, Gladio... I just saw the pictures of your bikes, I hope one day I can get a Brutale also.

when I went to put down the deposit at the dealer (Pro Italia, Glendale CA) 2 days ago, I wanted to test ride the F4 1000, they explained that they didn't have one for demo and offered me to test ride the new Brutale 910 instead, I was a bit disappointed but went along with it... Although I really love the design of the Brutale, being a pure sportsbike enthusiast I have never been interested in anything that is not a sportsbike. However after riding it I must say I fell in love with it! man, what a great bike, got great power and light, flickable handling, the seating position is very relaxed compared to a sports bike but it just felt really "fun" to ride, and the way it looks and the sound! even with the stock pipe! in fact for the past two days I have been thinking about it and researching it. I would LOVE to have one of those one day.

I know that Sato rearsats are great, well designed, strong and beautifully made, my brother has them on his 916. I don't really mind the linkage for the GP shifting, I am planning to really use the Senna on the street and the track, and my other bikes are in GP pattern with the linkage hanging out so I am used to it, but I do agree with you that it would be nice if it isn't there, especially on a beautiful bike like the Senna.

Since I didn't get to ride the F4, can you tell me how do you compare the handling of the 2 bikes?

To Agusta01,

I don't know how I am going to cope with the agony for the wait... sex, drug and rock & roll?

Based on the F4 1000 AGO, top of the line of 2005 (not counting the $42,000. Tamburini), the Senna being the top of the line in 2006 has very similar specs, so I think it would be a good guess that the Senna also comes with the RG3 rear at the least, it certainly looks that way in the pictures, the dealer wasn't able to confirm that for me.

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
If you are looking for a great exhaust that is close to stock looking i would check out Motocorse, theirs is a beautiful titanium piece. if you are looking for something else i would suggest the sil motor pipes, i have them on mine and i love them! They sound fantastic.

motocorse also has rearsets and i know that cyclecat might be making some for the MV. Congrats on the new ride, i am jealous of your black radials!!!!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Congrats on your choice! I have been torturing myself over the new Senna!
If you go to the Registry, you'll see my Casoli slip ons that sound very loud and fantastic. I love the way they rumble at idle! I believe FBF also has the same ones. I think Casoli USA is kind of rocky right now, so you might try FBF. Or Casoli UK...

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I haven't seen it specified either but I'm sure that the senna will at least come with the RG3 - perhaps also a "race only" Ti midpipe like the Tamburini. Give it a go before you feel like you need to swap.

The factory are selling some adjustable rearsets that they put on the Veltro, I think they come from a manufacturer in Germany and I've heard are well made:

Jani at www.mvagusta-parts.com in Germany sells them. I believe they include linkage for reverse if you so choose whereas the factory offer ones with no linkage, at a higher price, and suggest you use the reverse shift drum.

http://www.mvagusta-parts.com/shop/e_sonstiges.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts