7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How I want this on my bike:mouthwate

Post pictures of your dream list items.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
No, no, no Andrew....Stop it......please.

I'm broke man, new rear shock and ECU under way, another radiator, new fork cartridges, brake disc, and then you start this.

I have a long list...............very long:naughty:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Donsy

I will assume that those are the magnesium race swingarm which are 20mm longer than stock.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let me see if I can find the picture of the BST carbon fiber swingarm for the ducati:mouthwate

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here it is. Wish they would made this for the MV. I would of got it instead of the magnesium one.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
Donsy

I will assume that those are the magnesium race swingarm which are 20mm longer than stock.
I know we like a longer swingarm for stability for road use but a longer race swingarm ? won't that be slower to go into turns ? Surely the race guys go for shorter ?

I'm only axing by the way . :)

joe

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Obviously I covet the mag stuff like all of the others but the one I would like to try (but probably not own) would be the CF wheels. The ultralights were a big difference at intermediate speeds but they still carry a lot of mass at the rim. It would be interesting to see how the CF ones felt with their considerably lower MoI.

·
Administrator
19,512 Posts
Randrew...you are a sick man. :stickpoke

Joe, the longer swing arm promotes traction and anti-wheelie properties. Turn-in is affected by front rake and trail (and tire profiles) and adjusted via ride height at the rear and fork tube height in the front (or, on SBK machines, eccentric steering stem frame inserts and swing arm pivots).

But you already knew that. :f4:

·
Registered
9,953 Posts

Joe, the longer swing arm promotes traction and anti-wheelie properties. Turn-in is affected by front rake and trail (and tire profiles) and adjusted via ride height at the rear and fork tube height in the front (or, on SBK machines, eccentric steering stem frame inserts and swing arm pivots).

Thanks Ed,

There is much I don't know and I always enjoy and benefit from reading your technical posts. :)

joe

·
Registered
4,587 Posts

:laughing: Yep...,but I don't really like that look Ed!:jsm:
Brian.

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,512 Posts
Brian....I have to agree....those bikes are laughable, and yet that is the rage here in the USA. :silly:

My favorites are the Hayabusas with mile long swing arms and 350 section rear tires...then they take off one front brake rotor and caliper. :jsm:

I just don't get it. :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ed it is because the guys that ride those have no clue what the apex of a corner is.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
hahaha, its a show bike thing. my buddy builds show cruisers and tells me to remove on caliper and rotor......:nutkick: he didnt like that hahaha. i asked him if he was stupid, his response "we do it all the time!" :bash:
no boo boo, no boo boo. i would like to stick around for a lil longer on this earth :):)
i ride my baby, no show bike here. well... she so pretty she is a show :smoking:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Donsy

Assuming right Andrew, I would like one of each in my perfect dream world, I'll skip on the carbon one for now :), I did like that carbon covered one but it's purely bling and nothing to do with performance.

I'm surprised you haven't got one of those carbon headlights yet :stickpoke

I would love a couple of those Ally fuel tanks, the carbon one I have is illegal for racing, so I'll put in on #2 bike and just do track days with that, when I get round to re-building her.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 76 Posts