MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It’s pretty hard to read as it’s tucked up, it’s designed for the US market. I’d love it on mine - just literally waiting to see if he gets pulled or not :)
Ah ok, although the one I linked does seem to be more vertical than the one in your pictures.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ah ok, although the one I linked does seem to be more vertical than the one in your pictures.
Yeah, he's going to try and bend it a little - will see as it could get hit by the swing arm then :) seems like a lot of money to bend it. The indicators are very nice, however are they too close together too? Needs a little research.

Heres some of mine. it wont stay this way though.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah, he's going to try and bend it a little - will see as it could get hit by the swing arm then :) seems like a lot of money to bend it. The indicators are very nice, however are they too close together too? Needs a little research.

Heres some of mine. it wont stay this way though.
Thanks for the pics, looks so much nicer away from the rear wheel!

They state the ideal plate size for their tail tidy is 180 mm x 100 mm, which is about the size of a postage stamp, therefore may not be workable in the UK lol. I think the UK plates are 229mm by 178mm, therefore like you say it would probably need a little bending to even make it fit!

Pesky UK law! :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
On a side, I stupidly thought MV themselves would have a store you could pick up aftermarket parts from, but apparently not - under construction........

·
Registered
38 Posts
On a side, I stupidly thought MV themselves would have a store you could pick up aftermarket parts from, but apparently not - under construction........

Yeah, as a new owner it’s not so simple :) I think they do ‘special parts’ somewhere... found it once, not sure I was that impressed, then promptly forgot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yeah, as a new owner it’s not so simple :) I think they do ‘special parts’ somewhere... found it once, not sure I was that impressed, then promptly forgot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, they don't make owning these 'exotic' bikes easy do they :grin2:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Feedback from DC is that the only one compatible with my bike is the NRC Fender Eliminator, which would mean I'd have to fit an illegal number plate (here in the UK). Oh and no doubt it would then fail any future MoT.

The search continues :).

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Yes, that is correct, full-size number or even an 8x6 will come in to contact with the rear tyre and bend the unit forward.

I have fitted a 7x5

REgarding an MOT you could always fit a legal plate for the test

21 - 34 of 34 Posts