MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, does anyone make any aftermarket master cylinder covers? I have a Brutale "R" and would like to ditch the Nissan Covers. I wish MV would totally ditch the whole Nissan thing. Don't t hey come on Hondas anyways? Never understood that whole thing.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Nissin is a subsidiary of Honda. Yes, many (if not all) Honda models use Nissin brakes.

It's good stuff. Easily on par with Brembo, IMHO.
Alex

(forgot to mention that Showa is also part of Honda)

·
Registered
785 Posts
huskynox said:
Hey guys, does anyone make any aftermarket master cylinder covers? I have a Brutale "R" and would like to ditch the Nissan Covers. I wish MV would totally ditch the whole Nissan thing. Don't t hey come on Hondas anyways? Never understood that whole thing.

Thanks

Hi, there you go exactly what you are looking for: eMoto Clutch & Brake master cylinder covers

·
Registered
798 Posts
I've got the eMoto ones in black. They look awesome. Unfortunatley I don't have any pix and I can't find my digital camera. I know that John T (AirFuel) has them as well. Maybe he has some pix he can post.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It should just say "Junk", I don't care if it says Nissan or Nissin....... Who cares.

BREMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Plenty, in fact I was part of the original recall back in 2000 on the 48th F4 that made it to the states, those still sucked after the recall! My rear master on that bike completely failed, so they had to replace it too. I've ridden 910's - those Nissins suck! From my racing/track experience on Aprilias, MV's, and Ducati's here in SoCalifornia, there is nothing better than Brembos. (BTW - Where do they race in TX?). In fact, that is why I bought the Brutale "R", for the brakes and wheels. I have no idea why such a prestigous company as MV would put Japanese brakes on such georgous motorcycles anyway! I've read it was because back in the early years of design Brembo did not want to get involved with specially designed masters that would fit under the MV bubble...?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Sounds like your lack of satisfaction with the Nissins is not from premature judgment which is what I suffered. I was very critical of the Nissins at all when I first got the bike but have now not only become used to them I really enjoy their feel and find that they do what they're supposed to very well.

I'm assuming you have tried sintered pads.

huskynox said:
I have no idea why such a prestigous company as MV would put Japanese brakes on such georgous motorcycles anyway! I've read it was because back in the early years of design Brembo did not want to get involved with specially designed masters that would fit under the MV bubble...?
???
I thought it was financial in that MV wanted to pay for the parts post sale and Brembo wanted the money up front.

·
Registered
422 Posts
huskynox said:
Plenty, in fact I was part of the original recall back in 2000 on the 48th F4 that made it to the states, those still sucked after the recall! My rear master on that bike completely failed, so they had to replace it too. I've ridden 910's - those Nissins suck! From my racing/track experience on Aprilias, MV's, and Ducati's here in SoCalifornia, there is nothing better than Brembos. (BTW - Where do they race in TX?). In fact, that is why I bought the Brutale "R", for the brakes and wheels. I have no idea why such a prestigous company as MV would put Japanese brakes on such georgous motorcycles anyway! I've read it was because back in the early years of design Brembo did not want to get involved with specially designed masters that would fit under the MV bubble...?
Not sure what you are implying but we have plenty of places to race here

3 tracks at one location (been up and running for many yrs) and a second location with mutiple tracks also.
http://www.motorsportranch.com/

http://texasworldspeedway.com/
http://www.cmraracing.com/tracks.htm

Hallett in Oklahoma which is only a few hrs away.
http://www.hallettracing.net/

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Regarding miles

huskynox said:
Plenty, in fact I was part of the original recall back in 2000 on the 48th F4 that made it to the states .. From my racing/track experience on Aprilias, MV's, and Ducati's here in SoCalifornia, there is nothing better than Brembos. (BTW - Where do they race in TX?). In fact, that is why I bought the Brutale "R", for the brakes and wheels. I have no idea why such a prestigous company as MV would put Japanese brakes on such georgous motorcycles anyway! I've read it was because back in the early years of design Brembo did not want to get involved with specially designed masters that would fit under the MV bubble...?

Fair enough :) As long as you have experience and perspective. All too often we hear neither with the same conclusion.

Our local tracks are MSR Cresson, TMS, TWS, Oak Hill, MSR Houston and as above Hallett in OK. Schwantz, Edwards, Spies all came up on these local tracks (minus a couple newer ones). Were you interested in local club info or was that chest beating? Hard to tell?

I think the last bit is spot on. We've heard MV wanted a bespoke caliper to their dimensions and Brembo would only sell them off the shelf. Nissin won the bid.

Do you also race sm on the husky? I managed to talk a local car friend into his first motorcycle, SM610 and have had a blast on it on the street. I owned a converted DR back in the early 90's that I sold to a coworker a couple of years ago. It's probably time for a proper SM but with my commute and our local series I wish I could find a happy medium between the intervals of the 450/510 and the 610. If only the 570R was that...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys, I ordered a set.

As for FW.... I went there on business 2 months ago and was offered a job. I spent one week there and decided I would NEVER want to live there. Hot, Humid, straaaaaaight roads, nothing as compared to SoCal. I guess if tracks are avail, but as far as street riding - I didn't see much at all. I can ride 5 miles from my house in SoCal and be in some of the best twisty's in the world (Angeles Forrest). Willow Springs (3 road courses) is 35 minutes away if I feel like racing, which they do every month of the year!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JamesC - I've raced Supermoto too, it's the funnest racing I've ever done. If you've never owned a supermoto bike you NEED to buy one. I've owned 4 so far, all have been Husqvarna's. I've owned the 610, 570 Husky NOX (same thing, just trick as hell), 450, and 510. If I was you I would go down to the dealer and pick up the SM510. Once you've ridden it, the MV will probably by collecting dust for a while. SM bikes are hologan bikes, just try to stay out of jail! I have a hard time ridding them on the street, I just get myself into trouble.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Agreed on the SM. My old converted DR was not up to modern spec to be sure! If I could just get half the service life of an SM610 I would jump on a 510! My commute is 60mi/day minimum and this would serve commuter+track. The SM610 is a blast but not a license keeper as you mentioned.

The club series here are very strong. The local roads are plentiful but are twisty without the elevation or vistas you'd be used to. I don't know the Ft. Worth side as well as I live about as far away as possible from there and still be called DFW. There are great great great roads within a few hours drive either direction.

I've seen the MC covers and they are quite good!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts