MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My 1078 has a wild tachometer above 4000rpm (the needle just goes crazy) and we all know how difficult it is to do the most basic functions on the stock gauges so...

I'm considering replacing the whole thing with something different. I like the look of Koso's gauges rather than a full LED type display as I'm a sucker for analogue tachos. Something like this http://kosonorthamerica.com/product/rx-2-gp-style-multifunctions/

Thoughts? I can imagine all sorts of issues springing up from replacing the gauges but I do wonder if it might be worth it. Has anybody done something similar to their Brutale (or F4 for that matter)?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
21,405 Posts
Give this a try first: Take the cover off the dash, disconnect the multi-pin connector that transmits all data, even if it doesn't "look" dirty clean it with electronics cleaner and coat it with an anti-corrosion spray. Reassemble.

This has cured the "wild needle syndrome" experienced by some of us.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip silentservice. Didn't even think of the magic can that is electronics cleaner... I'll grab some tomorrow and see how I go.

Still considering a new gauge though. I came from an rsv4 and the instruments on that were great.

·
Super Moderator
21,405 Posts
There are a couple of people who have done dash swaps. I'm not one of them. I do agree that certain actions on the B4 dash are more difficut than necessary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts