MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats grips are you running and whats your opinion of them over stock grips?

I need something that wont slip off when I use my tie downs. I have the strap thingy that attaches to both grips and then you use ratchet straps on the loops that hang off the strap thingy. This pulls hard on the grips and bunches them up on the ends of the bars.

P.S. I searched "grip" and "grips" and came up with squat.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have rizomas in black. Very trick looking and I love them. Not sur on the strap part but if you looking fOr high end they are it.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Rental or Domino etc, those are high performance grips, do not confuse Bling with Performance.
If your grips are moving and rolling up, then they are not secured properly - iaw - glued and/or etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Whats grips are you running and whats your opinion of them over stock grips?

I need something that wont slip off when I use my tie downs. I have the strap thingy that attaches to both grips and then you use ratchet straps on the loops that hang off the strap thingy. This pulls hard on the grips and bunches them up on the ends of the bars.

P.S. I searched "grip" and "grips" and came up with squat.
An easy and cheap solution to the problem you've experienced is to put a piece of PVC pipe over each of your grips before you attach your "strap thingy." They''ll prevent the "thingy" from pulling directly on the grips.

jD

·
Super Moderator
22,651 Posts
An easy and cheap solution to the problem you've experienced is to put a piece of PVC pipe over each of your grips before you attach your "strap thingy." They''ll prevent the "thingy" from pulling directly on the grips.

jD

Man, if that's the problem, you need to switch tie-down methods...
Get a second generation Canyon Dancer...or, better yet, switch to a Baxley Sport Chock and just lightly restrain your bike. There are much better ways of doing that than just crushing your grips with racheting tie-downs....

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man, if that's the problem, you need to switch tie-down methods...
Get a second generation Canyon Dancer...or, better yet, switch to a Baxley Sport Chock and just lightly restrain your bike. There are much better ways of doing that than just crushing your grips with racheting tie-downs....
"Strap thingy" is Original BarHarness

·
Registered
311 Posts
Those are the ones. And contrary to some statements there not bling. I have never had an issue with slippage of any kind. They looke very nice and they are wider providing a more comfortable grip.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Those are the ones. And contrary to some statements there not bling. I have never had an issue with slippage of any kind. They looke very nice and they are wider providing a more comfortable grip.

Hahaha, they are bling mate, very nice and comfortable bling, but still bling. Not performance orientated.
Make no mistake, I am badmounthing the product, if I were road riding I would have some for sure.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Alright I will concede to you on the bling point-but I feel the need to point out that it is manly bling. Your 1st post made me feel like I was riding this:

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Alright I will concede to you on the bling point-but I feel the need to point out that it is manly bling. Your 1st post made me feel like I was riding this:

Haha, point taken mate, will try to be less rude in the future...lmfao

Are grips a tough thing to install?
Onto the above mentioned bike yes.
Jokes aside, not really mate.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Are grips a tough thing to install?
We have a video on our product page that shows the installation process. It's a bit different on the MV but only because the MV has two cables. Make sure you order the MV adapters when you order the Rizoma grips.

@Slammp..cool tassles my friend! ;)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Look at DRIVEN gel grips. They are slightly thicker and have a PVC outter layer with a softer inside. The added diameter seems to add some support (does not put as much pressure on such a narrow area) and the soft inside really helps with comfort and vibration.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rental or Domino etc, those are high performance grips, do not confuse Bling with Performance.
If your grips are moving and rolling up, then they are not secured properly - iaw - glued and/or etc.

I agree I have dominos and they are brilliant much better than others I've tried especially the ones that look all flash but are crap for practicality..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts