MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have scoured the internet for something, anything.. any help would be appreciated. I am looking for some sort of aftermarket clip-on as far as i have found the OEM is all that is available. Also rearsets, is there any news of some options becoming available in the near future that isn't ridiculously expensive?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Measure the outside dia. of your forks, and you can order clip-ons from anywhere that matches that dia.
If you have a look in the rest of the F3 section, you will see there is a bloke offering rearset's.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Measure the outside dia. of your forks, and you can order clip-ons from anywhere that matches that dia.
If you have a look in the rest of the F3 section, you will see there is a bloke offering rearset's.
I've waited 5 weeks for those rear sets.

Use WWW.flyhammer.it cheaper and very similar looks wise.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
I've waited 5 weeks for those rear sets.

Use WWW.flyhammer.it cheaper and very similar looks wise.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Motorcycle.com Free App
So I gather you don't have them yet? I will send Flyhammer a email, I need to get a set for a friend down here.
I will ask Al at Design Corse if he's got something lined up yet.

·
Registered
614 Posts
So I gather you don't have them yet? I will send Flyhammer a email, I need to get a set for a friend down here.
I will ask Al at Design Corse if he's got something lined up yet.
Na mate. Last contact was that they had them in hand and would post them that day.

Subsequent contact has gone unacknowledged. So were my offers to pay more for faster post. So i don't actually know if they are on their way.

If they aren't here by the end of the week i will raise card dispute. I won't recommend this reseller for anything to anyone.

If i wanted shit customer service id gave gone shopping locally.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
614 Posts
Has anyone found any engine case covers other than the design corse ones (for racing)?

Design corse don't look like they will functionally do much and seem to be more bolt on dross than real protection.

Interested to hear if anyone has them and disagrees?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Has anyone found any engine case covers other than the design corse ones (for racing)?

Design corse don't look like they will functionally do much and seem to be more bolt on dross than real protection.

R&G and GB Racing are working on the case covers and they should be released in few weeks.

·
Registered
614 Posts
They told me the same thing a month ago, yet when i emailed them this week the reply indicated they weren't making any.

I've just found some here:
Www.geelongcarboncraft.com.au

He also has other parts underway. Rear hunger that extends past the original to protect the shock and linkage better, tank protectors for the wide 'point', heat shields etc.

I will definitely be spending some coin with this bloke.

·
Registered
352 Posts
They told me the same thing a month ago, yet when i emailed them this week the reply indicated they weren't making any.

I've just found some here:
Www.geelongcarboncraft.com.au

I was told by GB Racing and WorldPerformanceRacing that the covers were ready fro production. The ones you have mentioned are Carbon Fiber, not sure how well they would protect the bike in case of an impact...the company has not even put an image of the product.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

Which are you talking about mate ?

·
Registered
614 Posts
The design corse ergal alloy covers listed on evolution bike for the F3 and b3.

They just don't look designed to save much. Im happy to be corrected by someone, but to me look like form over function.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The design corse ergal alloy covers listed on evolution bike for the F3 and b3.

They just don't look designed to save much. Im happy to be corrected by someone, but to me look like form over function.

I think you are talking about this. These are MV special parts and pretty expensive.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
MV Corse

Aaahhh, MV Corse gear as also sold by Evolutionbike, I was all over the Design Corse site looking for these things.:stickpoke
Okay well those look similiar as the guards they bolt onto all the other brand bikes too, should do the trick for most crashes. How much metal do you want to bolt on is the question I suppose.

I know many guys shrug of carbon as good protection but I found it to be excellent protection and will allow the bike to slide rather than dig in and get ripped apart.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I was told by GB Racing and WorldPerformanceRacing that the covers were ready fro production. The ones you have mentioned are Carbon Fiber, not sure how well they would protect the bike in case of an impact...the company has not even put an image of the product.
I'll happily provide the email i got from rg.....obviously the person who responded didn't know. But this seems to be business as usual, my current experience with getting rearsets has not been a good one.

No image on the carbon ones yet as he is making the molds as we speak. For once i will support local manufacturing and i had a good talk to him about what he is making. Some good bits coming in the near future.

Carbon vs alloy, I've found the carbon is a lot more sacrificial than others. Ie it does the job then requires replacement. Others like well made alloy and the gb racing type plastic can sometimes survive more than one. That's been my experience so far.

Sorry for the confusion donsy!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts