MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired an early model 675 F3 and as many will know the quickshifter was an optional extra. For later models, the quick shifter is standard.

Having a preference for race pattern gear change, I bought some Rizoma rear sets and went to fit them only to find that they were designed for the EAS models. This meant that the connecting rod from the gear lever to the gear spline from the engine was too short whilst the original lever too long. The rearsets are dsigned so that the quickshifter sensor is part of the connecting rod. Contact with the supplier of the rear sets enquiring about the problem produced a response along the lines of use the OEM part and a further e-mail indicating I didn't have the OEM part as my bike was non EAS (non EAS F3 was specified when the enquiry/order was placed) and did they have a solution produced no reply.

An enquiry direst to Rizoma indicated that all the bikes they saw had the quick shifter and they would see what they could do to fix my problem.

Long and short, if you have an early non EAS model then after market rearsets may not be an option as the rears sets require a speed shifter sensor as part of the linkages.

I solved the problem by changing the rod end bearing from a male to a female and 'extending' the connecting rod (gear lever to gear spline) shaft length with a 6 mm threaded rod.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Job well done and thanks for sharing. As with all aftermarket products, there's alway some "work" involved when it comes to fitment. It's a PITA but kinda satisfying when the problem is solved. Post some pics.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Donsy. That is exactly what I needed yesterday when I went and bought the rod end bearing and the threaded rod. Next time I have a small problem it will be 'contact Donsy and then go shopping'.

I'll actually go and order a connecting rod from them in black which will match the bike and the Rizoma rears sets.

cheers and thanks

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
No worries guys. Probably the only advantage from being over here in the West, you learn where to find stuff very quickly. Those guys where great to deal with, and because of their "magic thread" is great, meaning you don't always have to worry about which joints to get.
http://www.annitorirl.com/product_detail_2.php#question_5 Very helpfully guide to getting the setup right too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts