MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the Battery on my F4 is dead.

It is 2+ years old so sort of to be expected although it has been on the tender whenever not being riden.

Anyways I need a new battery. Do you guys have any opinion or recomendations for an AfterMarket battery?

·
Administrator
19,805 Posts
My F4 SPR has a Shorai in it....I am impressed by the cranking performance. Of course, it has a special charger that cost extra..,,

That said, Gina's original Yuasa is now going on 4 years old and is fine. I got 8 years out of the original Yuasa on my old Yamaha 600. Buy the OE battery and invest in an OptiMate 3+ charger (not that expensive!!!) Live long and prosper....

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Agreed. I had the OEM battery in my F4 for 6 years - always on a battery tender. I think poor old Justin at Trooper Lu's shat himself when I went to pick the bike in December after and extensive service & it wouldn't start :laughing: Not a bad run & couldn't have picked a better time to die, in Justin's workshop - you gotta love it :laughing:

·
Registered
13,695 Posts

It is 2+ years old so sort of to be expected although it has been on the tender whenever not being riden.

Anyways I need a new battery. Do you guys have any opinion or recomendations for an AfterMarket battery?
How do you know the Battery on your F4 is dead?

·
Registered
576 Posts

Gonna sound strange, but FWIW, I often head to the nearest Batteries Plus store (U.S.) and pick up the needed battery, regardless of bike. Been doing it for a long time. I'm trying to think of a single failure over the years, and I don't think there has been one. Good price, too.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
When my battery dies, I've got my name on one of these :naughty:

http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1249

If you read, and believe the features of this battery, it sounds like a good upgrade to me :drummer:
Im considering one of these when the primary battery craps (it was replaced by previous owner not a long while back and lived on a charger). Not only does it give you some weight savings but, hopefully, might even get you some space in the tray for a bit of a glove box.

·
Super Moderator
22,312 Posts
I'm with Ed...Yuasa...

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How do you know the Battery on your F4 is dead?
It is not cranking the bike, but it is powering the lights (dimly), and the cluster is cycling.

The battery is not charging on the battery tender, it just stays red.

It is doing the same thing it did when I left the Power (for 2 hours) on versus stopping on the lock position for the handle bars.

It is doing the same thing it did when it would over heat and I couldn't get it to start back up without a recharge or a new battery.

Not sure if it is caused by the fact that is has been in the bike since 2009 or is the PCIII I had put in is causing a parasitic draw.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts