MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse me if this has already been posted, a search revealed nothing.

http://www.afghanheroes.org.uk/homepage.asp

The above link is a charity ride to Lyneham (from the Leigh Delamere M4 services) via Wootton Bassett, the neighbouring village which honours every repatriated fallen soldier on their return to the UK.

It requires registration by the 15th of February, 6000 bikes already registered !! Pay just £5 on the day.

I have just registered and wondered if anyone else was going on an MV ?

Not my thing normally but when I see the profile of some of those young men match my 20 year old son, how can I not give my support ?

Taff

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi I'm very interested when will it be? Unfortunatly I have lost tro good friends because of this bloody war and it would be an honour

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm registered to go with the Brutale. I do not normally go to these gatherings but will be riding up with a very good friend of mine who has his 22 year old son on his 2nd Afgan (Infantry) tour.
;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Think there are a few guys on the benelli forum going on this would have but am in italy that weekend but sounds a good event.

·
Registered
177 Posts
For those that want to meet up, I will be at the Chieveley Services (M4 Jct 13) for about 11:00. Coffee break, fill up with petrol and then head off for the 12:00 to 13:00 check in slot.
:brutale::)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Good ride up with Postman-bat, only spotted one other MV all day.

10 thousand + bikes is pretty impressive when they are all lined up on an airfield
:yo:

The more I ride the Brutale the more fun it gets :brutale: :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I was there !

Hmm ! I must admit that the emotion of the event took me by surprise, especially with the villagers on the route turning out to wave to all the bikes. I have never had that before, other than with single or double digits !

As a country we do not tend to wave or display our flags, unlike our American friends, so that was another surprise.

Very well organised and not too much hanging about, all in all a pretty unique experience.

My pal and I agreed that Harley's seemed to be out in force, maybe it was the noise but they were everywhere.

·
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
a good ride out
according to the news report 15k bike turned up
aim was to raise 75k sure hop that was achieved

saw mv near wichester going slow
le case saw mv i missed it
i saw f4 on m4 at about 2.15pm heading to swindon direction

a nice day good weather and atmosphere was pretty emotional as stated aboove

·
Registered
177 Posts
It wasn't me. I was heading home (west), at that time, with my pal on his 1973 Honda CB7502 K2. We were flying along at 65, sometimes 70 !
My arms are aching from all the slow stuff today :f4: !
We had a bit of a :moped: ride on way there, until my mates decided to exit at the wrong junction, PMB and I just carried on. :naughty:

Ride back was more interesting, neck muscles are aching a bit, have deleted the readings from the sat nav just before pulling into the driveway :D

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Nice one guys, a bit far for me to go there and back in a day (I was at work yesterday and tomorrow) but good on all of you and the others who did make it. My lady Yvonne's eldest son Andy is out in Afghanistan right now she (and I) are extremely proud of him, but obviously worried too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts