MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm an experienced rider of some 30yrs and I'm looking at buying a Brutale 800 2013/14/15 vintage. A couple of questions, 1 Any known problems or faults to be aware of. 2 How is the parts back up/supply. 3 I'm 6'2 and wonder if it will suit my height comfort wise ?
Thanks in advance JT.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Afternoon chief at 6,2 I would personally (if funds allow) consider a TV, I'm sure our fellow Kiwi amigos could suggest some likely sources
Anywho good luck in ur perfect marque search

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hi, I'm an experienced rider of some 30yrs and I'm looking at buying a Brutale 800 2013/14/15 vintage. A couple of questions, 1 Any known problems or faults to be aware of. 2 How is the parts back up/supply. 3 I'm 6'2 and wonder if it will suit my height comfort wise ?
Thanks in advance JT.
A mate had a 800 Brutale for 4 or so years, it was reliable other than the rear hub, bearings i think collapsing, I rode it a few times, and at 6foot i found it small but manageable, he was 5:4. It went bloody well for an 800. I had a 800 Rivale for 2 months, i really didn't like it, very small, very twitchy and shocking suspension, i fixed the shock, but traded it on a ktm 790, no comparison really.

·
Administrator
20,750 Posts
Welcome to the family @topzone ... The Brutale B3 is a great bike. Early 3 cylinder bikes had some teething pains, but all were sorted out in the last few years.

The comments in prior post about rear hubs is related to the older first generation MV 4 cylinder bikes. The hub hasn't been an issue on the 3 cylinder bikes, although the cush drive has.

Do a little searching on the forum....and remember, people experiencing problems tend to post 1000 times more than the many owners with no problems.

There is an active New Zealand owners group....they have a facebook page. Reach out to them for advice and help.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mvagustaownersofnewnewzealand/

·
Super Moderator
22,836 Posts
I am 6'2" and around 255 pounds. I have a 2015 B3 800RR.

While it is a bit smaller than my B4 1090RR, I find it to be a very comfortable and capable bike.

Height is not really your measurement of concern is really your inseam. Mine is 32" and the reach to the ground and foot peg position compared to the tank is also just fine.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a '15 B3 800 and am 6'1" 190 lbs. The bike is small but fits me fine even with higher F3 rearsets. I did have the sprag and radiator replaced under warranty. I think the best 1st action to take if you get one is to install an Antigravity Lithium battery. It will help save the sprag and has the highest CCA.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Howdy

I'm same height as yourself and don't find the B3 an issue at all. I have ridden 48000km on it, majority of it multi day touring. As long as you realise it's a sports bike in a naked disguise and not meant to be too comfortable - it is still much better than any other sportsbike. Common issues on the B3 are -

1) Sprag clutch - the main issue is the design of the sprag clutch and all year models prior to 2017? (when Euro 4 new engine was released?) will be problematic. I am on my third sprag clutch (changed twice) all under warranty for the part cost (only paid labor on second change)

To try and limit wear on the sprag people will upgrade the battery (lithium normally has a higher cca for a similiar size battery so therefore people suggesting to change the battery)

2) Depending on where you are in the world and how close you are to a dealer part support may be problematic. (More prevalent in the USA it seems). In Oz and NZ we have the same MV agents so part supply should not be an issue. DOn't know how developed the dealer network is in NZ

Do it - buy it - you will not regret it. It truly is unique and always, and i mean ALWAYS, gets lots of attention and stares wherever you stop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts