MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys -

any opinion/advise on who makes the best seats for the Brutale.

The stock one is far from comfortable even by sport-bike standards and ideally, once in a while, i'd like to ride the bike to work to improve the quality of my day... this would require a more forgiving seat..

As usual all inputs are appreciated!!
:brutale:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hello guys -

The stock one is far from comfortable even by sport-bike standards and ideally, once in a while, i'd like to ride the bike to work to improve the quality of my day... this would require a more forgiving seat..

What size brutale? The seats changed in 2010 and less options are available

·
Registered
60 Posts
There are a few recovers around whch look real nice but don't change the comfort level. Try eBay. I just got mine reupholstered. Cost me about NZ$100.00 and I had the MV logo stitched into it which looks great. He padded the front so it is flatter and I don't slide forward all the time. It took him 3 goes to got the comfort level where I wanted but I just tried it each time before he put the vinyl on top. Great service and not a difficult job for any decent upholsterer . Really comfortable even on a 500km day. It probably does not look quite as sleek as the original but its comfortable. And you can choose what type of covering you want, vinyl suede patterns trim etc.

·
Administrator
20,093 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have a corbin on my 1078rr and it's pretty comfy. I just ordered one for my cbr1000rr and even though the web site says 3-4 weeks it's been more like 8! They are full of excuses and with any luck my seat will arrive via FedEx tomorrow. If I had seen this thread sooner Ed I would have given my business to Spencer.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Hello guys -

HTFU LOL
once you bum is numb its ok ... I have just put a matching pair on mine from Evolution Milan ..great seat I can do about 500klms before my bum falls off

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The 2012 1090R has a single piece seat. There are more options for the split seat style. I ordered a cover from Volcano Industry Racing Seats, but am still waiting on delivery. Not sure if I'll add padding or not, as I actually don't find the seat that bad.

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
I find the Corbin very comfortable. The most I've done in one day was about 450 miles. My other sport bike had the hard factory seat until my new Corbin arrived yesterday. It was a birthday present from me to my 48 year old ass! I can't wait to go for a ride now.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,495 Posts
Oh, oh, Juney-Juney-Juney....SOFTBALL!

(I've got a present for that 48 y.o. BEAUTIFUL ass.....now, now Gary, don't kick mine...):smoking:

·
Registered
658 Posts
oh Chuckles, behave!

·
Super Moderator
22,495 Posts
Ok, so lets do a comparison of Juney's ...........seats.

Or all seats actually.

I have a Sargent on my Monster....great seat. Great Style....and underseat storage to boot.

Can anybody show pictures of the Corbin V. Sargent V. Spenser on the Brutale platform?

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
oh Chuckles, behave!
June......anyone, ugly man or pretty lady,who discusses their own ass on this forum should expect exactly what Chuck delivered. :stickpoke

:)

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Standard seat with air hawke cushion works for me. I've done 500km in a day no worries. Air hawke is a cheap solution.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts